Making Progress!

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
Slowly, but surely, we are moving forward a little bit at a time. The ambulance has had all of the chrome and trim removed from the lower half, the rust repair has been done, the primer is on and within the next week, or so, she will be painted. The chrome is being done and should be on the car in about a month, or so. While we are doing a "driver quality" redo, I think the ambulance will look decent when it is done. But, I am not expecting any miracles. We just want to have it look presentable. At this time, we are not doing the roof and its trim, but perhaps one day we will.

Attachments

• P1100619.jpg
    P1100619.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 598
  • P1100617.jpg
    P1100617.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 592
  • P1100618.jpg
    P1100618.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 600
Looking good Bill !!

Shes gonna be a real looker when your finished !!:)

Better clear some shelf space now for all the awards you will be getting !!!:thumbsup:

As far as the roof ,from what I can tell it looks really good,so "why fix it if its not broke" !

You guys are correct, the roof looks decent, but some of the chrome pieces need rechroming and once the rest of the car is painted, the roof may not look as good. We will see what happens.

Looks good, and remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, week, or month. It all takes time ........ I'm still looking for parts, and I have a small box already with your name on it.

Looks good Bill. I thought it looked good in the "BEFORE" photos. The new paint and rear bumper will have a pleasant blinding effect.

if you are thinking about not redoing the top have them buff it out then see what she looks like. but it is nice to work on a straight car. strip prime, block and paint. that may vary will take care of the trim also. you going back with the original green?

if you are thinking about not redoing the top have them buff it out then see what she looks like. but it is nice to work on a straight car. strip prime, block and paint. that may vary will take care of the trim also. you going back with the original green?

Actually, they are going to buff the roof, so we shall see! As far as the color, I had every intention of going with the original mint green, but today when we were looking at the original color, Lucille said she did not like the particular shade for the ambulance. So, as of now, it looks like it will remain turquoise! Truth is, I fell in love with the car, so for me, it could be almost any color, but the turquoise is a 1968 Pontiac color and it looks great, so why change it? Of course, the interior is next on the list and it will be changed to turquoise and parchment, as opposed to the olive green and parchment it is today.

Looking good my friend. Can't wait to see it, and meet you and Lucille in person.

It has been a long time since we attended a Meet, 2008 to be exact. I am really looking forward to seeing everybody, old friends and new friends alike. This is such a wonderful group of people and a great organization that I am honored to be part of!

sounds good, it will come out a deeper shade with the fresh paint. the mint was one of those washed out colors gm used in these years.

sounds good, it will come out a deeper shade with the fresh paint. the mint was one of those washed out colors gm used in these years.

Supposedly, the original color was a Chrysler color, as far as I was told, the color was the livery for the hospital that originally owned the ambulance. I had hoped that someone here might have an original photograph, when it was in service for Western Lane Hospital in Florence, Oregon, but no photos have surfaced, so far.

Have the shop spray an old fender so you can see the actual color. It is next to impossible to tell the real color from a small color swatch.

Today I brought a few parts to the body shop and the ambulance is ready to go into the booth tomorrow. It should be back together and ready to roll in about two, or three weeks. I am in no hurry, so I hope it takes longer. In about a week, I will stop by and take some pictures of the progress. Do you guys think I am happy? I am dreaming a dream right now!

Very nice job thus far, and I think your plan to go with the turquoise will make for a very eye-catching and unique experience with this ambulance. Beautiful!

Pictures before it goes in for paint are just as important as pictures after it comes out of the paint booth. That way, we can all see your progress...

Pictures before it goes in for paint are just as important as pictures after it comes out of the paint booth. That way, we can all see your progress...

Yes Sir, I agree! The only thing is, I posted pictures of the car a couple of weeks ago and other than it was all masked off, it looked pretty much the same as before, so I took no pictures today.

you guys are great

bill everybody loves your posts and your car and you guys,if they meet you,and if they dont they have too,love meeting you guys,and cant wait to see you guys when i come up in about 8-10 weeks,i just hope my wife lysette (french) has the pleasure to have time with us,shes young and doesnt slow down some times,she works hard like me,but she cant wait to meet you guys,keep on posting,see you guys soon lol brian,and lysette,anybody can call anytime,i am on the road so i dont type much,the troopers get mad when i text,and i am disabled,and it is very pain ful to text,but anybody can text me i can read when i pull over,but ill call back and leave message,see you guys soon,brian 917-499-9994 :):):):D:D

bill everybody loves your posts and your car and you guys,if they meet you,and if they dont they have too,love meeting you guys,and cant wait to see you guys when i come up in about 8-10 weeks,i just hope my wife lysette (french) has the pleasure to have time with us,shes young and doesnt slow down some times,she works hard like me,but she cant wait to meet you guys,keep on posting,see you guys soon lol brian,and lysette,anybody can call anytime,i am on the road so i dont type much,the troopers get mad when i text,and i am disabled,and it is very pain ful to text,but anybody can text me i can read when i pull over,but ill call back and leave message,see you guys soon,brian 917-499-9994 :):):):D:D

Maybe by the time you get back to Jersey, the car will be looking much better than when we saw you last Summer. See you soon!

It Is Painted!

We decided to leave it the Meridian Turquoise a 1968 GM color code K and I think it was a good decision. Awaiting the chrome, and final assembly. the ambulance has not been buffed yet. It is a Sichens base/clear baked in an oven. They made at least one error, they painted the A Pillars turquoise, they are supposed to be white, but they will take car of that, no problem. WE are very happy with this shop, they have been very nice to work with.

Attachments

• P1100635.jpg
    P1100635.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 150
  • P1100638.jpg
    P1100638.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 141
  • P1100640.jpg
    P1100640.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 145
Back