Saw my first NEW Lincoln pro car

Peter Jennings

PCS Member
The other night had to have a sleep study done. A local Funeral Home had a NEW S&S Lincoln I guess based on the SUV cross over MKZ (or some such nonsense). I thought it was very sharp. TALL sucker and no vynal top! All silver with a real nice bright tiara trim band across the top.

lincoln

huh, saw my first one today. black with no vinyl. i liked it. should handle good as it said awd . dont know why they needed that here, but i could see its use in places that it snows. good luck on your sleep study. ive had two and the hard part is when ya gotta go they have to unhook 10000 wires. then hook em back up. i had sleep apnea but had tonsils adnoids and uvala removed and now im good to go. good luck.k..

I saw my first new Lincolns Tuesday at the NFDA convention in Ames, Iowa. I love them. I was helping at the Premier Coaches booth, displaying a 2013 S&S MKT Lincoln Majestic SE. There was a 2013 Eagle MKT Lincoln Icon outside along with a 2013 Eagle Echelon (the only 2013 Cadillac there, although there was 2011 S&S Masterpiece limo style), they made some changes to this model and it looks much better than the previous versions.
The S&S Lincoln is huge, the biggest hearse yet, coming in at 6 feet tall and 21 ft 7.5 inches long. The Eagle dont even hit 21 ft. The Eagle has a 44 inch stretch while the S&S has a 52 inch stretch.

Since this thread is about the Lincolns I will only post those here.
Here is the 2013 S&S MKT Lincoln Majestic LE was shown by Premier Coaches from Mason City Iowa which is the booth I was helping at. It has a flower tray in front of the extend table (both are standard). This coach has the painted top. Price--$99,xxx.xx I could not remember the exact hundreds number. The Eagle is in the next post. Sorry some are not very clear, my camera was taking better pics under all the lights without the flash, but without the flash there is no auto steady, and Im shaky.
2013 S&S Lincoln 1.jpg

2013 S&S Lincoln 2.jpg

2013 S&S Lincoln 4.jpg

2013 S&S Lincoln 8.jpg

2013 S&S Lincoln 9.jpg

Here is the Eagle Lincoln MKT Icon that Bains in MN and IL displayed outside. I was told they were giving demonstrations and drives, but I missed the chance for that. My back was on the verge of giving out when I took these so doing it quick and did not pay attention to the top covering, but in the pics it appears to by vinyl.
2013 Eagle Lincoln 1.jpg

2013 Eagle Lincoln 2.jpg

2013 Eagle Lincoln 3.jpg

John
Thanx for posting the pix. I kind of like the break from the traditional hearse type rear door to the lift gate type. No pall bearers bumping into the door.
IMHO the S&S is the nicer of the two.

One of our members, Heintzelman Funeral Homes in Hellertown and Schnecksville PA has one of the new Lincolns as pictured. Dave also has a 1951 Henney coach that he uses occasionally in his services, so a full service director he is...

I had a call from Tom McPherson today. He told me that on the way back from his daughter's graduation from the University of Tulsa he stopped in at Accubuilt yesterday. He was able to take about 80 photographs of the new Cadillac and Lincoln funeral cars both inside and outside the plant. He says that the production line is up and running and that they are building a lot of Lincolns. He also said that there were plenty of Cadillacs around as well. One of the interesting vehicles he saw was a limousine-style Superor-Lincoln. He said that the lot was full of Lincoln coachbuilder "chassis". I hope that he'll start sharing some of his photos with me soon. Just thought I'd share this information with the group.

Wonder if Tom knocked on the side landau panels like I did at the dealer on one of those Lincolns to see how much the fiberglass gave in. I hope he remembered to after I told him this info/finding in Flint!

Back