glass leaks.

any form of cover up will only give you more problems down the road. if the sealer is dried out you need to remove it. but silicone is only used in this case to seal the edge of the glass not to glue it in. as I stated you can do the same thing from underneath. on the inside. but if you do you trap water between the glass and the pinch weld. I'm sure this is what happened to the glass on the 73. it rained for a couple days then we had a freeze. then next time I got in the car the windshield was broken. I will be able to tell when we put the glass in the 73 S&S if it's the opening that is off or the glass. the corners curve up so high that they are all most out of the opening and the glass is off the stops before you can get it to ride on the pinch weld left and right. with the new urethanes once it is set they are stuck in good. the stops become unnecessary after the glue is cured. but with the old butales if the stop were to move on you the glass would slide down leaving a gap at the top. they never really set up. even with it as dried out as it was handling it leaves a tare on your hands.

got it finished today. glad I got to it sooner then I was going to as it was getting bad under the top. so we went for here to here in a couple days.

Attachments

• 1972 glass and top..jpg
    1972 glass and top..jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 134
Back