Will this work...

no you need this 2 core. this is the one the 2 cores on it are twice the size of the ones on your car. it will cool twice as much as a 4 core brase one the water flowes at a much highter tare then the stock one. get this one. take the hint ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2113.jpg
    IMG_2113.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 95
no you need this 2 core. this is the one the 2 cores on it are twice the size of the ones on your car. it will cool twice as much as a 4 core brase one the water flowes at a much highter tare then the stock one. get this one. take the hint ;)

Ok Ed. If it does not work I know where you live. So let me get this straight, the eBay one listed in my post above is the one to get, right?

that is the one. it is a two core but it is the same size as the one in the 73. which is the same as any full size truck. they are marketing it a number of ways I see you look up 73 caddy and the same one is listed there from the same seller at the same price. if it doesn't fit your 73 I can use it in my 72 olds. same radiator. :D my only confusion is the number of taps they put on it and the plastic plugs they put in them. but they are holding for me and it is cooling better then ever. 180 deg thermostat and getting a drop of around 40 degs across the radiator.

Apperciate all the help but ordered and paid for the one from NAPA. It's the same material, no plastic, and it's a 4 row radiator. Be here next week.

Make sure that you get 4 row coolant, otherwise you will be wasting your money on the extra rows. 2 & 3 row coolant will not work well in a 4 row radiator, and the car will run hot...

4th row coolant

I would just put a little ice water in the 4th row. The other 3 already have enough anti-freeze for the system.
Paul would probably agree with this idea.
Mike

no that won't work you going to take the car to Flint. call someone you know up there and have them send you some for Michigan. if you take that Fl coolant up to Michigan it will freeze in aug.

but hay ask the man is he has two I'll call him and get one for my 72 if he is as cheap as the e-bay ones. I would rather keep it looking as it is. I would guess down there they keep that kind of thing in stock. it would be a special order here and more money.

Brady uses Michigan hearse coolant, and you need Michigan ambulance coolant. Better call him to make sure that you get the correct item.. ;)

Brady uses Michigan hearse coolant, and you need Michigan ambulance coolant. Better call him to make sure that you get the correct item.. ;)

Since he owns a couple hearses and an ambulance, I'm trusting him to send me the proper coolant! I wonder if I can get mine in orange so it matches the color of my Lifeliner.

how ever the one with the white strips in the orange is a touch expensive. they do have a combo in orange though you might thing about. gm uses it in there new cars. the Mercedes orange is the best but wasted on a caddy.

Back