Car shows

So when you all take your professional cars to car shows whats your routine? I will be taking mine to my first show this weekend. Its a small show and BBQ cookout at a local Elks Lodge. Although my car isnt show quality yet I wanted to bring it out and give people an opportunity to see what you dont normally see.

Do you ever set out information for the car show attendees regarding your cars to educate?

I have created and printed a sheet with very basic information about the difference between a hearse, ambulance and combo with some brief information about each. The goal is not just to combat the Ghostbusters connection (inevitable) but also to attempt to educate people a little on these cars.

Was curious how far you go at shows to help people understand your cars and their history.

Last edited:
Blake: I have information on:
- who built it, Miller Meteor, where they were located, and if available how many cars they produced in that year.
- as you say in your case, what is a combination car, and who ordered and used it typically.
- history on where the car served in its professional years.
- any unusual points specific to your car.
- always good to have the PCS shield and a mention of the PCS.

In addition to printed information, I think it is important to speak with knowledge of professional cars and with genuine enthusiasm. It sounds funny, but present your car and yourself in a professional manner, that seems to make people respond in a positive way, even if they never even considered a professional car interesting.

Since I am not a fanatic about people touching my cars, as long as they respect the cars, I like to invite people, especially children to sit in the car. People just love to take pictures of their children sitting in the cars. It creates lots of good will. Try it, you will be surprised.

Above all, just enjoy yourself and don't worry about winning awards, but they will come, too.

The key is to have fun. You will hear all kind of stories about how your car was built try not to laugh out loud.

Doc I'm looking for that siren base. You see one let me know.

Blake,
Be PROUD of you car! It is part of HISTORY! Who cares if its "Show Quality" Most people have never looked at a PROCAR up close! Inform people about the hobby and the car history.
Just my thoughts
Gus

Blake,
Be PROUD of you car! It is part of HISTORY! Who cares if its "Show Quality" Most people have never looked at a PROCAR up close! Inform people about the hobby and the car history.
Just my thoughts
Gus

Gus, I believe you have hit the nail on the head about showing professional cars.

Absolutely, I agree. I am looking forward to letting kids sit in it. My yellow Beacon Ray isnt very visible in the daytime anyway so I will likely park it and unhook the battery so I can leave the rear door open for people without running my battery down. I know my 4 year old son absolutely loves hanging out in the back when im out working on it or cleaning something.

I had several boxes in the back that I moved into the house yesterday so its not cluttered with "junk" (box with old carb, and box of various bottles of fluids, funnels and tools).

I may print out an additional sheet with its history. I dont know alot, but I know it served in Ohio, carried a vietnam vet, was used by a band for a little while then was used at a haunted house before I rescued it from that.

It is in the PCS Members only forum. This forum is restricted to PCS members for posting & viewing.

Back