Wanted: Flxible Tunnel Light Tunnels

Does anyone have a set of the oval-profile tunnel lights used by Flxible in 1959-early 1960's that they would be willing to part with? Or, if not interested in selling them, allow me to trace the shape of the sheetmetal tunnels? I don't even need the light units,bezels or lenses....just the tunnels themselves, like these seen here:

Tunnels.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Al

1959 Armbruster-Buick 15-Passenger Airport-Limousine Coach
1959 Comet-Buick SWB Panoramic Limousine Ambulance
1959 Comet-Buick LWB Panoramic Landau Ambulance
1959 Flxible-Buick Premier Panoramic Limousine Ambulance

Last edited:
Barring you finding a set, if you need to try to copy mine from my '60, I'd be glad to help. I've never removed them from the car, but we certainly can trace the shape.

Can't see the pic.

Thank You Steve, I appreciate your offer. I will attempt to see what I can find through the site, and if I have no luck, perhaps I can fly out and carefully make a tracing of those on your '60 Flx.

Thanks again,

Al

Flxible Tunnel Lights

I took these photos 10 years ago in a yard near Omaha, NE. Not even sure that the car is still there, but can check. Is this a Comet?? Are the tunnel lights similar??
Kurt

Does anyone have a set of the oval-profile tunnel lights used by Flxible in 1959-early 1960's that they would be willing to part with? Or, if not interested in selling them, allow me to trace the shape of the sheetmetal tunnels? I don't even need the light units,bezels or lenses....just the tunnels themselves, like these seen here:

Tunnels.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Al

1959 Armbruster-Buick 15-Passenger Airport-Limousine Coach
1959 Comet-Buick SWB Panoramic Limousine Ambulance
1959 Comet-Buick LWB Panoramic Landau Ambulance
1959 Flxible-Buick Premier Panoramic Limousine Ambulance

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 206
Kurt:

Sorry, I just saw your response. Steve is correct, these are similar, but not exactly the same. This Olds is a Cotner-Bevington utilizing the same tunnels as used by Comet in 1959. The Flx tunnels utilized the light units (base, bezel and lens) from the 1959 Pontiac Catalina's, and had a wider profile.

Thanks for your efforts though on my behalf,

Al

Back