JM's Superior Update - Squad Bench

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
It is time to start planning winter projects.

I have acquired a squad bench, bucket seats and centre console from a 66 Cadillac Superior and would like to eventually install them all in my 67 Pontiac Superior. All of these items were options available in the Pontiacs, so I am staying within the realm of what could have been.

The first item that I will work on is the squad bench. I have included a couple of pictures of the squad bench in the Pontiac to see what it would look like. I will have to re-do the floor so that the rear in floor compartment door can open & close and I will also have to make the bench about 2 inches lower so that it is at the same height as the wheel well cover.

The one thing I need help with at this time is to get pictures of the front of the bench (Foot well area) from those of you that have squad bench in your Superiors. I forgot to take pictures of that area when we took the bench out of the Cadillac an I am not sure of exactly how that area it looked like.

As always, thanks in advance for your help.

picture.php
[/IMG]
picture.php
[/IMG]

Pictures

Jean-Marc,
Did you get the pictures you needed ??
If not I can take some from the 70 and post them....:thumbsup:

Jean-Marc,
I will be attending a show Sunday wiyth my 70, and will take a few pictures and post them tomorrow evening...any specific area you need ??;)

James,

Looking for picrures of the rear of the squad bench by the back loading door along with d
details of the rear floor compartment door.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks James. It is interesting to see the differences between cars.

Looking at the first and last picture, is the black thing at the center of the face of the bench a latch?

Yes,it is a latch...connected to the chrome pull latch at the rear of the bench,to make easy access when the rear door is closed.;)

Back