Ful-Vu-Lite badge

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I am referring to the small badge that is mounted on the front of the Miller Meteor Ful-Vue lights. I an considering having these reproduced, and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in obtaining them if I move forward with this project. Right now, I am only wanting to establish the desire of others for this product. If I see that there is a "demand" for this item, I will be in a better position to discuss this reproduction with the supplier. The picture below is only to show where the badge is located. It is held on by 2 small steel drive rivets, so it can be added to a light that didn't originally come with one. I have never found any consistency in why some have the badge, and others don't.

Attachments

• MVC-015L.JPG
    MVC-015L.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 325
To be honest it depends of the price. My set of 4 don't have any but my broken spair set have few. It's surely an excellent detail to add the accuracy of the car but again, depends of the price!

What year did Miller Meteor begin to put those ID plates on the lights? I was under the impression that they were on the lights used on 71 and up cars? As far as I know the front 2 lights were the only lights to displayed the tags. Please correct me if I am wrong

1970 "Volunteer"

Of course I'm prejudiced about this, but I think my 1970 "Volunteer" looks better without them.....................?:confused:

What year did Miller Meteor begin to put those ID plates on the lights? I was under the impression that they were on the lights used on 71 and up cars? As far as I know the front 2 lights were the only lights to displayed the tags. Please correct me if I am wrong

I haven't been able to establish a date when they were used, and I think that it was one of those things that they installed sometimes, but not always. The one in the above picture is from a 1969 Miller Meteor 48", and it is a rear light. I have seen some pictures with them on only the front lights, and other pictures showing the rear of the cars, and they were on there also. I have one light that has the holes drilled for the badge, but there is no physical indication that a badge was ever installed on it.
If I had to guess at an explanation, I would say that if they ran out of badges, that they just put the lights on the cars without them, since delivering a car was more important than holding a car from deliver waiting for a badge. At this point, all that we can do is speculate.

According to the M-M ambulance brochures 67, 69, 70 and 71 do not show the tags on any of the Ful-Vue lights which are pictured on the car and the foot note of the optional light. It looks like 1972 and up is the first year the tags are shown in the brochure.

Back