Rear door handle end caps

Hi whilst I'm waiting for my new windshield to arrive, I could do with these please: constantly loading & unloading caskets have broken the little plastic covers that go over the ends of the grab strap... I know it's nothing major, but I want to finish it off and make it look tidy, do you have one/two please. hopefully there should be some pics to check. I think there shouuld be some sort of cover over the screw holes (not sure, not on when I got the vehicle) if you have let me know please, and I'll paypal whatever you want into an account. Thanks Andrew.

Attachments

• new handle on door.jpg
    new handle on door.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 158
  • end cap 1.jpeg
    end cap 1.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 159
  • en cap 2.jpg
    en cap 2.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 156
That is a Ford part, and another member has been searching for them for a while not. I did find some for him, but with a $30 (US) price per piece, he decided to pass on them. Have someone cut you a couple of squares out of Formica, or a trophy maker cut them out of thin metal, and glue them in. It will look better than the missing pieces, and cost a lot less.

That is a Ford part, and another member has been searching for them for a while not. I did find some for him, but with a $30 (US) price per piece, he decided to pass on them. Have someone cut you a couple of squares out of Formica, or a trophy maker cut them out of thin metal, and glue them in. It will look better than the missing pieces, and cost a lot less.

Thanks for the info Paul. It's the whole plastic piece I need, I only have the one shown, the other is missing completely, and looks a bit scruffy when you open the door. Now I know it's for a Ford, I'll have a look on eBay. Cheers..!

Andrew,
Try a salvage yard.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike tried that for parts, when I say "it's for a Cadillac Hearse..." they just laugh, then say "have you tried America, we've nothing like that here mate...!"

As an aside, I did find something really close on ebay.com "78 Ford Bronco Driver Side Door Grab Handle" price $9.00 great...!!! I'll have it. Only they don't sell to ebay customers outside of the States... "I give up..!"

Hi Mike tried that for parts, when I say "it's for a Cadillac Hearse..." they just laugh, then say "have you tried America, we've nothing like that here mate...!"

As an aside, I did find something really close on ebay.com "78 Ford Bronco Driver Side Door Grab Handle" price $9.00 great...!!! I'll have it. Only they don't sell to ebay customers outside of the States... "I give up..!"

Find a Member who is always on Ebay and have them get it. then send it to You

Russ

Handles

The help racks at most auto stores have these generic pull handles ,these are from one local source here NAPA Auto Parts is there any equivalent source there?

Attachments

• PSA 1.doc
    779 KB · Views: 244
  • PSA 2.doc
    441 KB · Views: 232
missing cover

Andrew,
They come in two sizes, one has squared off corners at the base, and the other is rounded. I have one of the squared off cornered ones that you can have. All I need is and address to send them to.
PS: Paul I found the other that is now on my car.

if you need them all they are for sale from dorman industries which is the same source as the napa help line in a different box.

Attachments

• 1977-79 door pull Dorman  77216-007.jpg
    1977-79 door pull Dorman 77216-007.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 140
These handles look the same as some I've seen on conversion vans. I had an 88 GMC van built by Explorer that had one on each door. They were chrome ends with wood grain inserts.

Andrew,
They come in two sizes, one has squared off corners at the base, and the other is rounded. I have one of the squared off cornered ones that you can have. All I need is and address to send them to.
PS: Paul I found the other that is now on my car.

Hi Dan, prety sure it's the squared end one (I'll try and upload another picture) I only have one of the blighters, the other's missing it measures

2 &1/8" long 1 & 3/8" wide, and the hole centres are 3/4 of an inch.

If you get chance,please would you email me on djandymac @ tiscali.co.uk (remove spaces), and I'll pass you my address... thank you for your help, it's the small details that finish things off.

Attachments

• Handle.jpg
    Handle.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 93
  • end cap.jpg
    end cap.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 90
Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy

Jeremy,
You of all people should know were I got mine from, it was you!:pat:

Back