Henney table help

Bill Carlin

PCS Life Member
I am looking for anyone who has a Henney 3 way casket table that is hydaulic. I can not get mine adjusted correctly. It moves out fine, but does not go all the way in without hitting on the chrome guide on the front of the mound and stopping. Does anyone have any information or experience rebuilding or adjusting these?

Bill,
In thinking about it, I would say that the electdraulic table is working properly, but the front lock is closing back up sometime while the table is out. Does it do the same thing when the table is moved out of both sides? You may have to hold the lock knob out while the table is moving back in. If it works like that, then I would shorten the linkage a little bit on the lock knob.

the problem is not with the lock. The guide pin mounted on the underside of the table hits the chrome "Y" shaped guide on the mound and stops the guide on the bottom of the table from going into the chrome "y". If you jerk the table and wiggle it, it will move into the "y" and center itself fine.

Bill, I'm not sure how yours works but on our 60 3-way Eureka located on both sides of the vehicle there is a release for the table that has to be pulled out prior to activating the electric table, depending on which side you want to use. I know that if that knob or release doesnt get pushed back in or pulled out ALL THE WAY it will act up almost identically to what you are describing. I will also see this when the table had been manually pulled out from the rear of the coach and didnt get totally locked back into place after use, then when the next time its used it will act up in similar fashion when you call for the table to come out the side. But it has been my experience that most of the time its something very basic that is the culprit. Hope that helps.

Table Info

Bill I have only played with the Superior Tables , does the latch look the same as my first pic? Here is the info from the Superior Manuals if that helps at all.

Dan, thanks for the information, however that isn't the same as my 1938. I will, however print it for my other hearses that have that table.

Here are two pictures, one shows the chrome "Y" on the mound, and the other shows the two guide pins on the underside of the table. The two pins hit the end of the "Y" and do not go in without a big push. Anyone else have a Henney table like this?

Attachments

• chrome y.jpg
    chrome y.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 171
  • casket table.jpg
    casket table.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 177
Back