00505_hyD538NIS6c_1200x900.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 296
  • 00G0G_ea6NAXHDgKF_1200x900.jpg
    00G0G_ea6NAXHDgKF_1200x900.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 292
  • 00t0t_5OuFcIcpArJ_1200x900.jpg
    00t0t_5OuFcIcpArJ_1200x900.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 287
I see no evidence of it having been cut and shortened on the body, however, it had to have been done at least in the frame. The trim on one side looks correct, but the other side is missing, and that is going to be a big problem to finding the missing trim, unless it is a standard Cadillac part, which I doubt. It does look like an interesting project, but considering the purchase price, transportation, and lack of value once it is completed, I can't realistically see much interest in the project. On the other hand, if there were a FD with deep pockets, they might consider it, since it would be a tax deductible investment.

Yet another seller--likely lobotomized early in life--with zero procar knowledge making a ridiculous claim. It's obviously a cut-and-splice hack job of an innocent 1950 Superior.

This car needs to be parted and then crushed as soon as possible. It has suffered long enough.

I'm with Steve on its whats left of a Superior. Who ever spliced the roof was a hell of a welder I can't see any sign of a seam. Calls the question WHY! Another of my departed friend and drivers "you could drive down the hall make a right turn into the bathroom without a second cut". Perhaps someone should start a Pro Car Freak Museum there seem to be a lot of examples, Just more proof of the serious mental problems existing in the USA.

OK people what do you call this? with the amount of car chopped out of it you could get nothing but a child's coffin in it. simple hack splice job. they just cut the flat part of the roof out and used both rounded ends

Attachments

• 1950 a.jpg
    1950 a.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 240
I'd like to know what it's intended use was? Circus car? Shriners Clown Car? Used to transport injured or deceased small pets? Can't imagine a small childs hearse. Or, did somebody just have too much free time on their hands?

Looks to actually be a thing. Morris Minor Hearse Company makes them. Looks like there is only room for a driver, and the coffin slides in where the passenger seat goes.
119.JPG

124.JPG

just like the push me pull me cars you see with two front ends welded together. just something fun to do to see if you can. remember they were cheap cars. so it not like you had a lot of money tied up in them. novelty is most likely the reason this one has not been allowed to die. if like has been stated there were 4 of them then most likely Shriners parade wagons. one look around this car shows it way to far gone to be practically put in decent shape on the road. now the rat rod crown my go for it.

here is one used for a attention grabber at a storage facility in Kansas

Attachments

• IMG_3251.jpg
    IMG_3251.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 194
just like the push me pull me cars you see with two front ends welded together. just something fun to do to see if you can. remember they were cheap cars. so it not like you had a lot of money tied up in them. novelty is most likely the reason this one has not been allowed to die. if like has been stated there were 4 of them then most likely Shriner's parade wagons. one look around this car shows it way to far gone to be practically put in decent shape on the road. now the rat rod crown my go for it.

here is one used for a attention grabber at a storage facility in Kansans

PERFECT car for someone who always transports a back seat driver!

You must consider this first purpose built safety car.. The Sir Vival, built in Worcester MA by an engineer that taught at Worcester Boys Trade School, back in 1958 out of a Hudson automobile.

Attachments

• Sir-vival-safety-car.jpg
    Sir-vival-safety-car.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 186
Looks like the picture was taken after the recent Ventura County floods, with an ("X") painted on the side indicating no bodies found inside. MM

Looks like the first official CREMATION hearse.

The Cadillac looks incredible compared to the Morris disaster.

Some hot rodder could make use of the Cadillac. The Morris, not so much.

Would take a lot of money to make the Cadillac a running road worthy car.
That's were anyone would draw the line and hopefully part it out.

To each their own.

Darren

Back