Sold!

Sold my '64 Superior Pontiac ambulance the other day. Here it is on it's way to it's new owner.

Attachments

• 14199705_10208977522789032_3686305082617363717_n.jpg
    14199705_10208977522789032_3686305082617363717_n.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 827

Congrats on getting the car sold. I can't believe some guy said, 'How much?' on Facebook.........oh, I see you erased his comment. Good.

Last edited:
Congrats on getting the car sold. I can't believe some guy said, 'How much?' on Facebook.........oh, I see you erased his comment. Good.
I didn't erase it. He must've, after I replied that I don't discuss financials.

Where does my old friend live now? Hope you gave it as good a home as it has had with you.
Still in Maryland. I think the new owner (a new PCS member) will take good care of it.

Darn! I was hoping to see this one in person one day!
Well, it didn't go to the crusher, it went to a new owner. He'll have it out and about, I'm sure. You'll see it one day!

I see you are "thinning the herd" A little. Would have loved to own that car myself, but the one I have now is quite enough. Glad it's still in the PCS. I think it is very rude to ask about financials. If some one wants you to know, they will tell you. :)

Had my picture taken with this rig at the Hudson meet because it was a twin to the one I did my first call in, it is such a classic car that has been well taken care of by Steve and prior to his death his Dad,glad it will live on and I am sure we will see it again.

Have to agree with you Tim,
I also am very glad and feel fortunate that I own the two Superiors (70+72 that I first started waaaay back in 1972.
Although not the "actual" ambulances I worked out of but same year and model and of course the same memories !!:rolleyes:

the two best day in a pro car owners life the day it gets here and the day it gos to a new home

I believe that this statement would also apply to every motor home ever sold, every boat ever sold, and most collector cars as well!

That is one gorgeous rig!!

Last edited:
When you discover your no longer using the car but in truth neglecting it it nice to pass it on to some one that will move it to there front burner. I guess it the difference in a man that likes to collect and one that wants to use it

That's very true. Dad was very much a collector, he wanted to have "the most" of anything. I was like that for a while, but I've discovered I'd rather have them out and about. It's no fun for me to have them if I don't take them out - and some of mine don't see the light of day for 4-5 years.

Well, the '64 Superior Pontiac ambulance I used to own made it's first show appearance today, at the "Honoring Our Heroes" fire/police/EMS show at the Fire Museum of Maryland. It looks good in the hands of it's new owner.

Well, this side looks good. In the two weeks he has owned it, he broke a window on the other side and someone hit the right rear quarter while it was parked. Oh, this isn't going well.

By the way, my contribution to the show is the blue & white box ambulance behind it. A little modern, but air conditioning on a 96+ degree day was nice.

Attachments

• 20160910_115808 - Copy.jpg
    20160910_115808 - Copy.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 142
Well, the '64 Superior Pontiac ambulance I used to own made it's first show appearance today, at the "Honoring Our Heroes" fire/police/EMS show at the Fire Museum of Maryland. It looks good in the hands of it's new owner.

Well, this side looks good. In the two weeks he has owned it, he broke a window on the other side and someone hit the right rear quarter while it was parked. Oh, this isn't going well.

By the way, my contribution to the show is the blue & white box ambulance behind it. A little modern, but air conditioning on a 96+ degree day was nice.

Careful where you park your pro car. My wife is always rolling her eyes at my refusal to street park (if I do it's with her car guarding mine) and never under any trees. And I like to know what any parking lot I'm heading to looks like.

What happened to the window though?

Did you forget to tell him to never, ever, ever close the rear side doors with the windows rolled down??

Good to know Kurt !

In all the years I have owned my ambulances I dont think I have ever rolled down the rear windows...for all I know they might not even work...:eek:

Back