Parts Car 66 Combination

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172182608355?forcerRptr=true&item=172182608355&frommaketrack=true&viewitem=

1966 Cadillac Combination (Parts Car)

"Hearst" :rolleyes:

"Here is acool Cadillac Hearst for fun to fix up and drive or use it for your business, maybe a camper or a street rod, it could used for anything. Of course the car has the big v8 engine and the car is complete and all original. I pulled out of the weeds, changed oil filter, greased it, dropped the fuel tank, cleaned it and sending unit, replaced all fuel hoses, fuel pump, cleaned and kitted the carberator. Replaced ignition system, plugs and wires, all filters Started and run , after the lifters all pumped up and it sounds great, serviced the rest of the car and works good. The right rear leaf spring was broken from backing into a solid object and the taillight housing pushed into the fender a little bit. The housing looks ok, but the fender has some damage, but you really cant tell. I found a set of leaf springs in Mass. sitting on a shelf and these are even heady duty original springs. Cleaned the interior, removed front seat to clean, removed floor mats and there are a couple rust holes in the floor. The back of the hearst has carpet and a lot of accessories that come in a hearst. Compartments for lots of storage...This car needs restored the interior has sun damage and water damage from the hole in the windshield, needs body work done and repainted as you can see in the pictures.. There is a bullet hole in drivers side of the hood and the windshield. Does have original a/c system with rear ac and fresh air system in the rear. I have a set of hubcaps for it. The car has 91728 original miles and was used for funerals of course but also a rescue unit in a small sandhills town in western Nebraska... The accessories in the car are a stretcher, gurney , oxygen tanks, fire extinguisher, siren, revolving light missing the lens.. The tires are fair and stay up but I really think you need to trailer this vehicle, The brakes have not been worked on. Like I say this would be a great project car . Good luck and thanks for looking THIS AUCTION IS A NO RESERVE."1966 combination.jpg

Extremely solid looking landau combination! This one is right in Ed's back yard too....... hint, hint!! I don't see so much as a rust hole in the body. Obviously, originally a gold coach.

With all he has done to it(running & driving) and all of the stuff that he is including in the sale, I would say that it is easily worth $2500-$3000 being a combination. I would not estimate it that high, were it a straight end-loading hearse.

but it says reserve not met. Alliance is about 100 miles south. some nasty surface rust showing but it's all in the sand hills. it is one of the harder to find combos out there the landau combination. but if anyone was interested I could bring it up here till you could make arrangements to get it. we can always find a excuse to swing past carhadge. but come on now gurney missing the mattress light missing the globe windshield has a hole threw it. I say a grand to 1500

Ed,
I would agree with you if this were just another old landau end-loader in the same condition. The guy has done a fair amount of mechanical work on it and it is running and driving. The 2 stretchers, oxygen set up, and siren all have good value. The beacon has no real value.

Ed,
I wouldn't wish that one on anyone! Just another ratty old end-loader there!

You mentioned that the '66 Superior combo is rare in a true landau. I would agree, but I don't think that it helps as far as desirability is concerned. I think most people would prefer to own a limousine style combination.

that's what confused every one rare does not mean desirable. it just means that they did not make two many of them.

I had that 73 S&S set up the same way. fixed it up and sold it for room later only to loose a grand on it.

but still it in better shape then the one buried at carhedge.

Back