'64 S&S Victoria

Belongs to a close multi-hearse owning buddy in NC. He's upgraded a few cars in the collection and is willing to let those recently replaced go as indoor space is at a premium. I'll place interested parties directly in contact. Those considering haggling/lowballing offer don't get his info as he simply isn't the type to move much if any. Email (not PM) for it as permission was not granted to post publicly.

Largely original, previous owner started prepping lower body for paint as he wanted a black hearse. It runs and has a strong engine. Consider it a 'lot driver' as brakes are low. Besides paint and brakes, front carpet is needed. Far from a rust bucket although a couple small areas need attention. $3900 w/ clear title.

Initial pics provided by seller:

64ss2.jpg

64ss1.jpg

64ss3.jpg

64ss4.jpg

64ss5.jpg

So I went and viewed in person. While conditions weren't ideal (time constraints, raining, cold, & tied down tarp) to go over with a fine tooth comb, here's my impression~

Original color is dark green and was repainted white, probably decades ago (doubtful by S&S). 44k miles believed original, as strong and tight as engine runs.

dsc07352aq.jpg

Vinyl top is in very good condition - no visible wear, dry rot, or tears. Passenger side seam is missing some thread over a foot stretch middle rear area, otherwise I would say excellent shape.

It does have snowflake interior. (Bizarre given rarity and that I've only ever seen used on '63-'64 Superior...) The traditional S&S cast cycus leaves have been replaced with a different panel. Looks decent enough. Rear interior should prove usable with a quality cleaning.

dsc07353w.jpg

Trim removed from exterior for paint prep is all present laying in rear compartment.

dsc07356i.jpg

Underside, frame, sills, and floors, are all clean - with exception of small hole next to gas pedal. Passenger side sill has a dent.

dsc07359f.jpg

Did find a few areas of rust. Small patches required to keep putty out before paint include lower front corner of passenger front door and (typical) low portion of front fenders. Close ups:

dsc07360y.jpg

dsc07361e.jpg

Also found that the windshield has a slight leak around top edge. Although the vinyl top is very nice and I wouldn't personally replace it, if one chose to I would expect the culprit being some rust hiding under the leading edge.

Moreover, this is a solid strong running pre-'65 coach available for less than it would sell for on eBay.

I was strongly considering this car before I made the desision to finish my Superior. It seems to be a very solid coach, and other than paint, it doesn't need much at all to be a nice car. Hope it finds a good home.

Josh

That car needs more than paint. Get rid of the rust before smothering it with bondo. Fenders, rockers, roof, probably the floor.
All in all, its a good deal, as the car is not that far rusted.

Looks to be more serfice rust than anything, but without seeing it in person, its enpossible to know how much rust there really is. It still looks to be a very savable coach though.

Josh

the thing about getting a car in the condition of this one is you now know were all the damage is. needs painted is needs painted weather some one started on it our not. the only big concern on one started on is weather or not it's all there. the quality of the other mans work means nothing. you have the option of continuing this type of repair or doing different. I have see this type of repair get some one by for a lot of years. finish the mud work do a maaco paint job and drive the thing. pop rivet a can end over the rust hole in the floor and toss a rubber mat over it. if the car is mechanically sound then you got a car you can drive that you know will come back in a few years. to me the bad thing is to find one that has had the mud wadded in a rust hole primed over and ready to paint. surprise. the one thing with a car like this you have to do something with it. had you gotten it before it was started then you could still be driving it around and saying one day we'll get to it. but today you can't. you have to decide on how much you want to do right now. be me I see I ned those rocker clips off it. I still have to put a set on and I don't have any. know I know what I'm looking for at least.

Spoke with owner today and mentioned that nobody has recently inquired about the '64 S&S. He's dropped the price $500 to $3400 now. Email me for his name and number. Easy peazy.

The traditional S&S cast cycus leaves have been replaced with a different panel. Looks decent enough. Rear interior should prove usable with a quality cleaning.

I be live that sconce panel is original , here is a pic from a 62 S&S.

Attachments

• 8c_3.jpg
    8c_3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 394
Back