Protect-O-Plate?

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I got this with my 1968 Superior Pontiac. Is it a Protect-O-Plate? Is it from Pontiac, or Superior?

While we are at it, does anybody here have an original photo of this ambulance, when it belonged to Western Lane Hospital? I would love to see a photo of the ambulance in it's original Pastel Green color.

I Forgot The Pictures

Here they are!

Attachments

• Protect-O-Plate 002.jpg
    Protect-O-Plate 002.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 277
  • Protect-O-Plate 003.jpg
    Protect-O-Plate 003.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 229
Bill; These plates were attached to a warrranty book in with the owners manual on all GM vehicles of the era. When you went to the dealer for service the service writer would put the repair order and plate in a machine like the old department store charge cards. Stamp your service order no mistakes. I have lots of the books with plates from cars we scrapped in the 70s.

The plate comes from Pontiac, and if there was any type of warranty from Superior, it would be in the form of a certificate. If there was warranty work on the drivetrain, or the suspension, it was done by the Pontiac dealership, and it if had to do with the body, then that was performed by the selling coach dealer. The sales of these vehicles, was always handled through a coach dealer, not the dealership, unless it was made by one of the smaller coach building companies, such as National, Economy, Pinner, etc..

Back