new cadillac ambulance

I'm looking to build a Cadillac ambulance between the years of 1990 and 2010 I'm well aware the didn't make ambulances in that time frame however i would like to design a updated modern one mostly for cars shows and as a promotional tool for my custom car business.I'm looking for as much input as i can obtain from the members regardless of if the feedback or comments are positive or negative.I will probably buy a funeral coach, chop the back half up reshape the body and when I'm done have it look like a Cadillac criterion

p.s. thank your for the site and contributing content and again i look forward to good or bad feedback

respectfully submitted

T.M.Knight

buy a funeral coach, chop the back half up reshape the body and when im done have it look like a cadillac criterion

Why not just buy a Criterion and fix it up? Seems like a lot of work but to me, anytime you can make something into a Criterion, you're on the right track. :stop:

Well, I'm intrigued. I'm not sure what we can do to help, but I'm all ears. Obviously, if you know what a Criterion is, you've probably seen photos so you know what you have in mind. It would take a lot of body work to create a body/top that doesn't exist, and I don't think anything comes close. Not sure if you'd use old stuff to make a "new" car, but not sure what new stuff you'd use, either.

I do hope that, if you start cuttin' up a car, that you finish. Nothing worse than an "I ran out of interest" car that's been cut up to become junk and no work completed on it.

New Cadillac Ambulance

I think that would be a great idea and lots of fun. I have always wondered what a "new ambulance" would look like. If you could find a late model coach that had been in an accident, but not totally destroyed, you could build on it and buy it "perhaps" from a salvage dealer. For an even more updated look you could get the "new" 06 front end and rear end to make it look totally current! It would take time and money...but should be lots of fun!

I too am interested in seeing this project become a reality. Given the current reality of ambulances becoming smaller again ie Sprinter vans, why not a revived professional chassis ambulance such as a Cadillac. One would imagine that there are number of suppliers, ie Whelen, amongst others who might participate in such a "concept vehicle". Just remember there are still Mercedes & Volvo ambulances, amongst others being manufactured in Europe.

Hi Turner, Sounds like a great idea to me. I've always wanted to see what a new Cadillac based Ambulance would look like. I think I'd want a limousine style with the rear quarter windows. I have often thought that if I won stupid big lottery money I'd contract Accubuilt to make me a new Ambulance. Start with a limo-style hearse, no vinyl top, linoleum rear floor, jump seats, two-toned white and red paint job, then over to Whelen for emergency lighting and sound.

Donation...

You can come south to Louisiana and get my '76 Cadillac Superior for free and use the fiberglass roof shell. The chassis has way too much rust IMHO for me and I have stripped it to prep it for it's final resting place.

Pictures in my album.

Good luck....

modern european car chassis ambulances as inspiration?

Great idea to create a concept car, the europeans are still making absolutely lovely volvo amd bmw ambulances on wagon chassis. Theres an expired ebay uk post that shows the interior layout

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-S80-AMB...K_Minibuses_Buses_Coaches?hash=item1c0fbca083

and lots of websites that show the different versions out there .

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Swedish_ambulance_Kronoberg.jpg

It would be nice to see something that brings back elements and lines from some of the classics in a modern format!

Been looking for this picture for a week. Apparently on May 10th, 2000, when I created this, I had far too much time on my hands....

:loser:

My interpretation of a 1997 Cadillac ambulance.

Attachments

• '97 Ambulance #2.jpg
    '97 Ambulance #2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 2,266
European Pro Cars

Here are 2 links to a European site I go to once in a while. This site is dedicated to everything automotive, but they have 2 forums that are dedicated to ambulances.

Scrolling through both forums, you will come across a number of modern professional cars.

The first forum is for Ambulances Privées / Private ambulances http://www.autotitre.com/forum/Ambulances-Privees-73572p1.htm#v5357

The second forum is for SAMU Service d’Aide Médical d’Urgence / Emergency Medical Assistance Services. http://www.autotitre.com/forum/Vehicules-SAMU-et-SMUR-reanim-56996p1.htm#v20957

Been looking for this picture for a week. Apparently on May 10th, 2000, when I created this, I had far too much time on my hands....

:loser:

My interpretation of a 1997 Cadillac ambulance.

I love it!!!
If they were still making real ambulances I could see it looking just like this!!

I think this is a great idea! I would love to see both a high top and a combination.

Tony tells me this is the proto-type Criterion to the pro-type Criterion. By the way this model is in Tony's will and has my name on it.

Picture008.jpg

could be done the new stuff is all fiberglass any way. not a lot of weight difference when it's all said and done. as I was reminded this week end it not a criterion unless it has the half door on the drivers side and the pass threw. cabinets built on the left. anything else is just a landau.

D o i t !!

Adam, I have never seen your '97 Cadillac ambulance creation, good job. Someone on the other PCS website did another photo shop modern ambulance picture about 5 years ago on a new hearse, it looked really good as an ambulance. I printed out the photo but can't find it. I agree with Ron, the idea is cool. It should be done.

Suggestion

I would start with an S&S Cadillac Masterpiece hearse, since it already has commercial glass and a high roofline. I always thought the '93-96 Masterpiece would make an excellent ambulance or combination due to the sheer size. Obviously, Accubuilt places the limousine-style windows in the rear quarters, so buying a landau car and placing the windows would not be impossible. For some extra pizazz, you might consider landau style on the driver's side and limousine style on the passenger's. This would allow for extra interior cabinet space while still letting some light in. Well that and, for those of us who can't get enough of ambulances, EACH side of the car would be uniquely different!

Adam, I have never seen your '97 Cadillac ambulance creation, good job. Someone on the other PCS website did another photo shop modern ambulance picture about 5 years ago on a new hearse, it looked really good as an ambulance. I printed out the photo but can't find it. I agree with Ron, the idea is cool. It should be done.

I have a pic of the car you are talking about, but for some reason it will not let me post it. It was based on the 2003 Normany, (now that was a new design that you dont hear much about).

Back