93-96 Commercial Windshield

NJ Dorsey

Today my windshield on my beloved 95 Masterpiece split up the middle.

Can anyone point me toward a replacement 93-96 Cadillac Commercial glass windshield? Any possible sources would be appreciated.

Also, how likely is it for a glass shop to be able to put in a new one without destroying the vinyl top and me needing a new one of those also?

93-96 Cadillac Commercial glass

Today my windshield on my beloved 95 Masterpiece split up the middle.

Can anyone point me toward a replacement 93-96 Cadillac Commercial glass windshield? Any possible sources would be appreciated.

Also, how likely is it for a glass shop to be able to put in a new one without destroying the vinyl top and me needing a new one of those also?

I believe the only source is Accubuilt, not sure what name they are under at this time after being acquired by Armbruster. I'll check with a friend I know he has at least one new, maybe more. Will have to see if his willing to sell any?

Last edited:
They have not had a run of them made yet? There is a shop in I think Portland that deals in old car glass I know they stock the other windshields. They peddle on E bay. I'll see if I still have there address in the computer.

As far as replacing without harming the top goes it should not be a problem as long as there is no rust under the top across the top. One has to wonder what caused it to crack? Before a new one is installed as expensive as it will be this should be investigated and the cause found so the new shield does not go the same way. I too will be interested to know the cost/availability too as I have three using this windshield. Good Lock!!!

if they are caring them then the locale glass shop should be able to get one from them threw there system. that way it will save fright and loss.

looks like i did not save that west coast sellers address. I got the 58 glass threw my locale glass shop

The insurance company is really dragging their feet on this. Any advice on how to protect myself from them if they try to "total" the car based on the cost of having a windshield replaced?

Depending on your states regulations ( some states require a salvage title be gotten when a vehicle is totaled If so it will have to have a reconstucted title issued ). That being said you can buy the car back from the insurance for a value usually a percentage of what they pay for the the vehicle about 15% and you keep it. The other option is ask what they will pay to repair the windshield and not total it when you find that out have your local mechanic make a repair estemate for that amount and have the ins. co issue you a check for that amount. When its all over get a "stated value policy" costs a bit more but covers this type of situation. If you need more explenation PM me for my phone number.

That is why we are using state farm. The cares are insured for a stated value. The did total the 92 on me for hail damage. So I bought it back for salvage fixed it for half the check i got and sold it for the price of the repairs. We were able to avoid the salvage title on it. What kind of a price are you getting quoted for the glass?

Back