CC rear wheel studs

Cross posting for a friend. I have no other involvement.

Cristin in Portland (not a member of this site) is having runs of CC wheel studs made in two styles: ?-'64* then '65-'76. They will cost between $1.20-$1.70/ea. More interest = larger runs = lesser price. He's not looking for any money now, just head counts with interested quantities (10 per vehicle) specifying which style. Responses have been solid on another hearse forum already, with most interested in the earlier style.

I'll forward this thread to Cristin. Email him directly for inquiries: beladona_13@msn.com

*Might someone (Ed) know what year the pre-'65 CC rear wheel studs started?

I would go for 10 of the 65 threw 76 ones. about all I could guess on the older studs is that if your don't have the spaces then it's most likely a standard stud. I do know that in either 54 or 55 they quit the left handed threads on the drivers side. the only long ones would be the rear axle the front are a standard stud.

I would be interested in 20 of the ?-64 studs.

1959 used left handed threads on the drivers side (don't ask how I know this).
Although I don't know for sure, I would be willing to bet that the pre-65 were used at least as far back as 59 as the 59-64 chassis seem so similar.

I would go for 10 of the 65 threw 76 ones. about all I could guess on the older studs is that if your don't have the spaces then it's most likely a standard stud. I do know that in either 54 or 55 they quit the left handed threads on the drivers side. the only long ones would be the rear axle the front are a standard stud.

The studs on my 49 were not left thread.
If You have a stud, it should not be hard to find replacements from a supplier. We easilly found them for my 49 S&S, 70 CB Olds, 60 Superior, and 66 Superior. I havent had to replace any other comercial chassis yet.
Maybe just living in Iowa with all the farmers, things like this are easier to find.

Back