'71 Superior Crown combination

This is one of several coaches I saw for sale not mentioned on CW Coach's website. Carl has dropped price for the last time to $1300. From here, it gets parted if not sold. Primarily needs a windshield and a gas tank. Figured in that price range it would be worth relaying. Contact Carl directly (not me): info@cwcoach.com or 513.821.0000

dsc08939a.jpg

dsc08932bb.jpg

dsc08933w.jpg

dsc08936c.jpg

dsc08937bn.jpg

dsc08938f.jpg

Is it unusual to see a '70's Superior combination set up for a skeleton rack? I think I've only seen reversible rollers in these.

Is it unusual to see a '70's Superior combination set up for a skeleton rack? I think I've only seen reversible rollers in these.

Casket racks were an available option in Superior combinations for a long time, but not used very often. Reversible rollers were standard from about 1957 (corrections welcome) up.

The downside to using one in "hearse" mode is that a little room was lost at the top for a casket spray. The upside to using one in "ambulance" mode is that the floor was MUCH easier to clean without 10 reversible rollers and all the bier pin holes to catch...well, all kinds of things.

Last edited:
it does look like this one was set up for first call typ stuff. no gurey hook just the cups in the floor.

This car did have a Ferno #1 cot hook; note that the front bracket is still there, while the rear one is missing. When at Greene's this car had a #176-D, two red lights behind the grille, and an Interceptor with an SA-24 speaker. The main cot was a #26, if my memory is working correctly.

got it. the angle is just off enough I didn't see the holes in the rear. so I quit looking forward. he has a realistic price on this car. will worth picking up if you need or want one. and one would be surprised what a good clean up will do. let me heal up here on this 69 MM and the Eureka before I think about another superior. still love that year body and a crown to boot.

Back