'91 Suburban Amb. In MT

Finally got the steering issues fixed and some muffler work done and it is road ready now. (It has been on the road some, but the power steering would go out in tight turns, so after cleaning out several ditches, it is a relief to finally identify the steering issue...). Put an older Ferno mortuary stretcher in it last night, the ramp seems to help loading it. Interesting that a wooden backboard was too long to fit in the backboard storage area, but a plastic one fit.

Attachments

• 91 interior.jpg
    91 interior.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 221
coming along. a aluminum back board would have gone in there also. that would be a great Candidate for a ferno #29

the side door takes a nice portable stretcher, wish there was a way to put the stokes basket in there, I had it turned upside down on the side seats but took it out

My plan right now is to get through winter leaving everything as it is, the molding needs to be replaced across the bottom, so my idea was to paint a charcoal gray stripe on the lower bottom with the molding falling just about in the middle of the gray stripe. I am not sure what kind of mess we will have removing striping and lettering.
The paint is actually in pretty good shape, which surprised me. I think it is possible it was repainted when it went from Wyoming to Montana, and Montana agency kept it garaged.

Managed to get ambulance markings off, added some new striping in more keeping with a bit of funeral look to it if needed for removals or taking equipment on a service. Had lower body paint work done and new molding. Ready for the winter now..
In photos, it is flanked by the '08 S & S funeral car on the left, and the "new" '07 Eagle removal car(dark green, may not show up well in photo) on the right.

Attachments

• 91 10 13 2.jpg
    91 10 13 2.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 91 10 13 3.jpg
    91 10 13 3.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 91 10 13 4.jpg
    91 10 13 4.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 91 10 13 5.jpg
    91 10 13 5.jpg