Replacement Lenses

Mike Owens

PCS Member
OK, Ambulance fans, where is the best place to buy red and white replacement lenses for a Beacon Ray 175 4 lamp with sky light...

Jim Vowel may have a stash. there has been a few other places here that collect and sell. others are more familiar with them then me. that dome would be the same for all that series light the 17, 173, 174,173, 175 and 176
there was a large and small diameter dome but I'n not sure if the small ever made it to 12 volt. yours would be the large one. my only other option would be to watch e-bay. but of course you ask here first. got to be a number of the floating in the group. but I don't know of a source for them new.

OK, Ambulance fans, where is the best place to buy red and white replacement lenses for a Beacon Ray 175 4 lamp with sky light...

Contact Doug Kelley, he's a member here, or call him at The Great Lakes Fire Store517-861-9848.

To answer Ed, the small diameter dome made into 12 volt lights, both 17 and 173 models. After that, 174, 175, and 176 required the "larger dome" for the extra bulbs. Shortly after the 17 and 173's came with the larger dome. I've got a 173 of each size setting on my desk.

Federal never made a white lens to the best of my knowledge, however, they did make both red and clear in both plastic and glass. If you want an original Federal lens, then please consider contacting our website advertiser, B & M Siren. They sell new Federal manufactured lenses for the large dome lights. The contact person is PCS Member Kevin O'Connell.

you can still get the clear bulbs at any parts stored there par 36. your looking for 35 watt in a spot. unity has some reds but they are painted. there are a few floating in from the overseas crowd but they are getting gold prices for them. e-bay was the only place I have found any natural reds when I was looking for them for the suburban no one a has as of yet made a red cover for the clear bulbs. or a red LED replacement bulb. they do have what passes as white now in them.

Back