'70 Superior Ambulance

1970 ambulance

I WILL ALWAYS GIVE US A BETTER DEAL,ANY OFFERS,THE STUPID BUYER NEVER PAID,I THINK HE DIED,WELL who cares,i have a money back guarentee i dont sell cars to make money,also i have lots of parts,for free please just pick them up,love BRIAN 917-499-9994:):):):):):):)cool::cool::cool:

The Ebay fink rate on vehicles has risen unbelievably. In the last month four vehicles sold (non pro cars) four not paid for or replied back. Its getting very Bad. I now cancel all bids from bidders with less than three feedbacks unless they provide a phone number I can call them on to verify they are real Looks like its turned into an idiots amusement park

The Ebay fink rate on vehicles has risen unbelievably. In the last month four vehicles sold (non pro cars) four not paid for or replied back. Its getting very Bad. I now cancel all bids from bidders with less than three feedbacks unless they provide a phone number I can call them on to verify they are real Looks like its turned into an idiots amusement park

Peter is so right. I've listed my non-pro 74 and 75 mint DeVilles here several times in the last month and with each listing, I've cancelled at least one bid. No member feedback, no buys, just joined ebay that day etc....I message the bidder that he has so much time to contact me by phone or his bid is cancelled. I only received one call back. It pains me to say it but at this point I pay more attention to European buyers since they have the money and they know what they want ( my 74 " Persian Lime" DeVille is likely headed to a Cadillac collector in Austria). My last three non-pro cars were sold to Europeans as well....Just sayin !

Daytona

Brian- sorry to hear about the deal. I had a deposit for one of my trucks a year ago and the buyer (a lawyer out of state) sent me a non-refundable deposit.
He flew down for a test drive and couldn't get the feel of the clutch. So he changed his mind and pointed out I was entitled to keep the deposit- which I did. Of course that wasn't on ebay. I'll be in Daytona Beach at the Fire Chief's convention Jan 23-25 displaying my '35 Chevy pumper. Will call you if I get some time.

Plenty of cars arriving here. Next week I am going to help a friend unload. 55 superior and a 55 limo. They are in a 40 lot container due into the docks on Friday.

Peter is so right. I've listed my non-pro 74 and 75 mint DeVilles here several times in the last month and with each listing, I've cancelled at least one bid. No member feedback, no buys, just joined ebay that day etc....I message the bidder that he has so much time to contact me by phone or his bid is cancelled. I only received one call back. It pains me to say it but at this point I pay more attention to European buyers since they have the money and they know what they want ( my 74 " Persian Lime" DeVille is likely headed to a Cadillac collector in Austria). My last three non-pro cars were sold to Europeans as well....Just sayin !

I totally agree with you Mike! The Europeans have the money, know what they want, and they don't beat you up on your price. I have sold 3 to Europe and all 3 were incredibly smooth transactions. They also get them done and done well. They're not just yard art in a different yard!

I agree with that! Ebay needs to have stiffer penalties for deadbeats like this. When I sold my 1991 M-M Lincoln Paramount a couple months ago I had 2 people win and not return any emails. I sold it with a second chance offer and the buyer loves the car! I even called Ebay support and told them they need to do something about this. When you attend any other auction you must pay for what you win. I made reports of the deadbeats, but don't know what it would do because the reports are not made available to sellers or other buyers, its only for Ebay records.

which car is it

The 1970 is reposted on ebay but there are two different Superiors in the pictures? The one in the garage is a different year entirely-
Whats up with that?

The one in the garage isn't for sale, and like many car collectors, he has many, and by selling the 1970, he is just "thinning the heard"...

Why put pictures of two different cars in a For Sale ad, with no explanation? All that does is create confusion. Are they the same car, before and after, with a different front end? Are they both included in the sale? What gives? Just showing off? Seems like a bad idea to me.

I know the seller and he's an honest, straight-up PCS guy. I'm sure it's a mistake and I'll shoot him a message to refine the ad.
As Paul said, collectors have lots of cars and lots of pictures of cars. It's not hard to imagine mixing our images up.
I recently came across a Craigslist ad for a pro car ( don't remember what it was) and I believe I posted it here as well. Not only did the ad contain the car pics but also two pics of the inside of a RV.....it happens !

Last edited:
Why put pictures of two different cars in a For Sale ad, with no explanation? All that does is create confusion. Are they the same car, before and after, with a different front end? Are they both included in the sale? What gives? Just showing off? Seems like a bad idea to me.

I agree fully. When ever I see an ad that shows not only the car they are selling but another one, the first thing I wonder is if they are not observant enough to know its two separate cars they are posting pictures of, how many more details of the car are inaccurate or misleading?

Back