1963 Ambulance

Depending on the original underlying condition of the car, and the degree of craftsmanship in the restoration, you would be hard pressed to be able to duplicate this vehicle to this level of pictured quality for the asking price. Unfortunately, we all know that our vehicles rarely ever bring what it costs to restore them. Bill, as a used car salesman, you can always go down in price, but it is extremely difficult to go up in price when you have a buyer standing in front of you. You start high and come down to where the seller and buyer are in agreement. If you can't get there, then you hold onto the car waiting for the next prospective buyer.

It's a combo set up as ambulance. The painted headlights is the only hooky thing i see. But the rollers in the floor and the lack of any cabinets says combo. Scroll down and you can click on larger pictures.

It's a combo set up as ambulance. The painted headlights is the only hooky thing i see. But the rollers in the floor and the lack of any cabinets says combo. Scroll down and you can click on larger pictures.

Oh I see what you mean Ed, no partition or ambulance cross either. I'm guessing there was a partition at one time though, as only the shorties had no partitions and Superior made no Cadillac shorties.

Depending on the original underlying condition of the car, and the degree of craftsmanship in the restoration, you would be hard pressed to be able to duplicate this vehicle to this level of pictured quality for the asking price. Unfortunately, we all know that our vehicles rarely ever bring what it costs to restore them. Bill, as a used car salesman, you can always go down in price, but it is extremely difficult to go up in price when you have a buyer standing in front of you. You start high and come down to where the seller and buyer are in agreement. If you can't get there, then you hold onto the car waiting for the next prospective buyer.
I will agree with you on the this,Paul..however I am for one a stickler for detail and with this kind of asking price they did not pay much attention to the "S&S gas cap....you can (at least I can) see where it was "Taped" off but still has a ring of red around edge of cap...along with some other small issues,again probably not a big deal if i notice it others can as well.:rolleyes::D

I will agree with you on the this,Paul..however I am for one a stickler for detail and with this kind of asking price they did not pay much attention to the "S&S gas cap....you can (at least I can) see where it was "Taped" off but still has a ring of red around edge of cap...along with some other small issues,again probably not a big deal if i notice it others can as well.:rolleyes::D

I don't like how the terminal end of the side molding dips under the gas cap but on the other side the molding goes straight the Cadillac emblem.

If someone here had a strong interest in a similar car, check out in the website photo section my 63 MM from last fall...and it won't be $64,000. No disappointments.

For the asking price, I would expect that the (what I assume is) faux window etching decals would be more in line with each other.

63z031498-41.jpg

63z031498-44.jpg

For the asking price, I would expect that the (what I assume is) faux window etching decals would be more in line with each other.

63z031498-41.jpg

63z031498-44.jpg

That was one of my "other" findings but I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt by thinking the windows were partially down,but since its on both sides it seems unlikely:eek:

Looking at the pictures, I came to the conclusion that these were clear plastic inserts, and that is why they are not consistent in aligning with each other. I may be wrong, but that is what my eyes see.

Now Taking Bids

This ambulance currently has a live bid of $5,300, but the reserve is not met. But, the seller might be coming to a more realistic expectation, you never know.

Back