1956 Imperial Limousine

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I absolutely love these Imperial limousines. It is in sad shape, I hope someone restores it back to its original glory.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Chrysler-Imperial/164125774337?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Chrysler crown Imperial limousine. Only 119 produced needs restoration missing engine several extra parts in trunk included with the car has divider glass and jump seats power steering and brakes. 500.00 deposit due within 24 hours after closing bid must be picked up within 2 weeks unless arrangements are made please bid only if you intend on buying the car. vin c5611-59 Any questions call 862-684-4510 Chris thank you

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of years ago the '55/'56 Crown Imperial limos, in this condition, would have brought a small fortune. It will be interesting to watch this one. The missing hemi should not hurt it too much.

Kennedy imperial

I am reasonably sure one of those could have been found at the Joseph Kennedy compound in that era a well? When I was growing up in Fallbrook (CA) in the mid 50's....a wealthy land-business owner had one with a Black Driver who commuted regularly between Fallbrook and Los Angeles and I know at the time having an Imperial Limousine was considered (at least) one cut above a Model 75 Cadillac. MM

I read once that one was "found" in mothballs in a city garage, that had been used for parades and such for the NYC mayor to use.

Supposedly the Ghia Imperial Limousines(1957-1965) were twice the cost of a Series 75 Limousine. They were incredible! Mouton carpet in the rear!

I would expect a lot better pictures if you expect to buy it sight unseen. It would also help to sell if the seller were to clean the car out and take better pictures of the interior. Same for the trunk. I often wonder whether sellers are just plain lazy or they are trying to hide something from the prospective buyers. I can clearly see this being a $50,000+ restoration taking years to complete. It is anyone's guess what missing parts will be needed for completion, and what those parts are going to cost. A more detailed inventory of the parts that come with the car would be needed if the seller is to realize the full potential of the value of this car.

Looks like it sold for $2996, I guess somebody else loves it too. Congrats to the new owner, what a fabulous car to restore!

Back