progress

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we been working on the 53 getting the interior in. it was rather strange on this car the divider wall was the dark gray oil clothe in the cab as was the headline. the wind lacing and fold over tan as was the seat door pads front pillars and kick panels done in a tan cloth. a strange mix of things. we decided to deviate a little and do it all in tan cloth. the vinyl is the color of the headliner in the rear. it was the dark gray. it has a little metallic in it and goes off in the flash. I haven't decided whither to dye it or not. but as we get things together it's not growing on me. we are out of the cloth or it would have been done in it. getting a small strip is not practical. then there is no guarantee the color will match when it gets here. but for right now here are a set of pictures showing the changes. nothing right or left on this one is the same each corner is made up of
6 pieces that needed to be trim to fit that spot only. a pain but done now.

Attachments

• 1953 1.jpg
    1953 1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 1953 2.jpg
    1953 2.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 1953 3.jpg
    1953 3.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 143
I would have pulled out all that lacquer covered cloth wiring while the roof was open. That stuff is responsible for more car fires than cigarettes!

we did remove a lot of it. every splice in this one was twisted together and large amounts of black tap wound around it. got to save material for the war effort you know. all that is left on shis side of thewall is to tie down the fan wire and put the glass in the divider. we well need to get the rear headliner in to do that. as the rear header goes on top of that and around the sill in top. then put the dome light in

Attachments

• IMG_3516.jpg
    IMG_3516.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3517.jpg
    IMG_3517.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 129
Back