Ambulance ID

I believe that photo is of Metro West Kildonan's '63 C/B taken at Keystone Dragway just outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba. In fact, that looks like Gerry Maeren, the company owner, standing beside it.

Here are my photos of the same rig. The only difference is the offset CP-25 siren speaker on the driver's side of the roof, which they removed after a short time, prior to me photographing it.

Attachments

• Metro CB.JPG
    Metro CB.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 188
  • Metro CB0001.JPG
    Metro CB0001.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 187
This has probably already been answered previously in different posts or threads, but what is that very strange looking cone looking thing in the front portion of the siren? It almost looks like a "muting" device sometimes used in brass instruments to make them a lot quieter, and giving them a different sound effect.

This has probably already been answered previously in different posts or threads, but what is that very strange looking cone looking thing in the front portion of the siren? It almost looks like a "muting" device sometimes used in brass instruments to make them a lot quieter, and giving them a different sound effect.

Here's what they did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtqaY52RDyk

These were available in smaller models, too. For example, adding the Pulsator feature to a 66-G made it a P-660 as seen in the video.

To my knowledge they weren't offered on C Series or double tone models. If they were, I've never seen them advertised, in photos, or in real life.

Back