'69 Superior Crown Royale limo ($1k/NO)

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/4305531520.html

1969 Caddilac Hearse - $1000 (Crowely La)

!!!PICK UP ONLY OR SHIP AT YOUR COST!!!! This is a 1969 Cadillac hearse made by, Superior Coach. It's has 62,000 org. Miles on it and has a 472 GM engine with a Quid-jet carb on it.I have had this car for 8 years waiting to restore it, but lack of funds and title issues are causing me to sell. As of oct 2012 it ran. And has new break master cyl. Fuel pump and carb kit. Also changed the oil and put new filters. Now for the fun stuff, this car will need a complete restore or mark a great parts car. It got tree damage a few years back and has some roof dents. All glass except for the windshield is in tact. The windshield had a crack when I got it. Rear door need lots of work. Tail lights got smashed by tree. Tires and hoses are in ok shape. Front seat is in great shape it's Blake leather. Rear need interior need a compete restore, but the sliding glass that separates rear and front are intact. I had put a lot of money into it before the tree damage, and some the past few months to get it running. She still needs break work to get her road worthy. Now for the title, I never had it changed so some penalties build up, I don't know how much. But I do have the title and all bills of sale. This is the reason I'm taking a hit money wise in selling it. This car is currently in CROWLEY LOUISIANA, and it would be best to trailer her away. I still have hopes for this car, that she will find a good home and an owner that cares, even though it has all these issues. It would also make a great parts car.

00M0M_gU6ThBdO26q_600x450.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make it past colors and you can't fault a seller asking $300 over scrap value for a Crown that doesn't appear rusty.

*sigh* Rear door and taillight damage, yet no pictures of the rear of the car...

Common sense seems to go out the window when selling hearses, as a general rule.

Title issue can be cured easily. I sold an 87 Turbo Buick I bought new and lost the CO for , GM refused to issue another. The following guy fixed me up with good paper work for $350.00. Pa. Motor Vehicle was happy with it and they are not easy to please. Trades as The Title Man Phone 585-232-3217. About a two week wait.

Sounds like this guy actually has the title, he just never transferred it. I am assuming that his name must be on the title as buyer with a date of ownership transfer. Might this possibly not be as big of a deal if leaving the state that it is in?

your reassurance on the title problem is helpful. so why doesn't the man get it cleared up. one more of those you sign the title over to me and I never transfer it to my name deals. good enough if your dealing out of state but in state some one owes fees on it now for a few years. or is it I have the title but the sell never signed it. those of you that are sharp enough to get you ducks in a row before you go in can get them threw. but once the clerk sees a problem you can fight it forever. you can't even sell it for scrap with out a clear title.

my advice is to know what you need to get the title in your name first. then make sure you got it even if you just happen to run into the man you need to sign something or write you a bill of sale in the wal-mart parking lot. but you have it first before you go in. as every state is different on this what some one can do in one is way different then what someone else can do.

title

in louisianna you will need a affidavit of facts stating the problem, signed by the seller, was not (get NOT) intentional and no fraud intended. if you are taking to another state is where it gets touchy as the tax for the state of louisianna was not paid. like a chain of custody all titles issued in another state but never transferred leads to the problems. simple fix is to title in that state and in your name so the tax is paid for the state it originally went to. then simply transfer to yourself in the state you live in. sometimes its easier to do a mechanics lien on a vehicle than going through all the mess. in texas its not hard but where you live it might. a good title transfer service should be able to fix it at a reasonable cost. ive been through this lots of times but never has been a ball buster. but again I live here and im in the car business so im not scared of any out of state titles or for that matter a car without a title. but I think it should be a 1k discount for not having one. that's how I figure it anyway. hope this is helpful but if not, I tried.

I am having a hard time seeing this one as being worth more than a grand, even if it had a good title! The roof damage looks significant, body side moldings are gone, mechanical issues, etc. The only thing that it has going for it is the fact that it is a Crown.

Here in Ohio I believe, way back when, that both parties had to be present when a title was transferred. Somewhere along the line that changed, creating the phenomena of "open titles", where the seller can get his signature notarized without the buyers info being filled in. The notary is technically just witnessing a signature. Of course, its not legal for the buyer to transfer to a new buyer without first putting the vehicle in their name, but it happens all the time. I believe now there is a penalty to be paid if a vehicle is not transferred into the buyers name within a certain amount of time after the sellers signature is notarized, but the last time I waited too long it seems like it was negligible, like $10 or so.

Of course, this stuff is different from state to state, and changes all the time. Your mileage may vary...

Back