1964 Chevy - Pinner Hearse

Thanks Rocky, figured you'd like it. Now i'm hearing that song too... "Cruisin' in my six -fo"

Thanks alot guys, now I have that song stuck in my head!!!!

Do you know what the over all length of this coach is? Hope you can get it running in time for Ohio next year, I really want to see it in person.

The standard Chevrolet is about 16 feet, and conversion added approximately 30" to that, bringing it to about 18'6"... Plus or minus.......

John, it definitely won't be running for the Ohio International. If you really want to see it in person i'll somehow haul it out for the meet if the host hotel has room for a trailer queen. Will have to measure it out & post more about it once it's home.
As the International gets closer i'll have to post for some help... I have 3 procars now that somehow have to make it out to the event! The hearse has been offered to Tom & Walt for the entire International, they deserve something more than a mini van for all they've done for our hobby. If they accept that leaves the hightop & the Pinner...

Dwayne

At this time the entire family are planning a trip to the Cleveland meet. That would be Tom, Ruth Ann, Mary and myself. We are still in the planning stage.

If we have 3 Pinner's there that would be a treat for all of us. A High Top Ambulance, the Hearse and the Ford Van.

Paul and the men at the Albany meet said they wanted to see Ruth Ann with her hair doo. She said the hair doo is out but she still has the legs.:4_11_9:

Tom has more plant experience than I. I did a lot of "front office", specifications and sales. I also helped in the plant and delivered vehicles. Starting in 1966 I traveled the New England area several times a year visiting the Rescue Squads and Fire Departments there. Here in the South we did not have the Volunteer Squads. The Funeral Homes did most of the ambulance work until the TV show Emergency changed things.

The Station Wagon First Call Car is a unique vehicle. We only built 3 and to my knowledge they all went to the same place. Franklin Body of Brooklyn NY did sales for us until late 1966 when I took over.

I have had a busy summer. Several have sent me photo copies of vehicles we built. I appreicate that very much. The majority of our pictures were lost in the Fire of 1971.

Jack Pinner

Jack, nice to have you chime in too. This is really getting interesting!
At this time the entire family are planning a trip to the Cleveland meet. That would be Tom, Ruth Ann, Mary and myself. We are still in the planning stage.
If we have 3 Pinner's there that would be a treat for all of us. A High Top Ambulance, the Hearse and the Ford Van.
It will be my pleasure to bring the car for you all to see again, as sad as it looks now I promise it'll be spiffed up quite a bit before you see it in person.

Congratulations on the purchase. That's a unique vehicle, to be sure, glad it's been "saved".

...So, is this the last of the 3 Pinners known to exist, or is this a different one that surfaced?
When I was in Kansas City in 1992, there was another of the Pinner Ford vans (like Ron's) at the Stratus plant, not in bad shape at the time. I don't know if it still exists. (Steve Loftin, do you know if he still has it?)

...Paul and the men at the Albany meet said they wanted to see Ruth Ann with her hair doo. She said the hair doo is out but she still has the legs.:4_11_9:...
Yes, I'd like to meet her. We can get her a "beehive" wig to model in Paul's ambulance.:peek-a-boo:

A hearty congrats to Dwayne Brooks on rediscovering this rare Pinner and ensuring it remains in PCS circles. Jack & Tom Pinner must be tickled pink that the "survivor search mode" they put us in at PCS Albany has borne more fruit so quickly. Even without an engine, the abundance of classic 1960s Chevy parts and sheetmetal sources out there - not to mention what was included in the cargo area of this car - might make restoration less difficult than it looks. I'm already impatient to see it exhibited at a PCS event!

The trip is all set, driving out to Otego NY on Friday, October 22nd. Depending on how the day goes the Pinner will get loaded on the trailer that evening & i'll head part way home. Stopping off for the night somewhere & finishing the trip Saturday...
:drive2:
Hope to get home before the local car dealership closes, it'll need to be state inspected for the VIN# so hope to get that done while it's on the trailer!

Where is this car today... Oh wait..... I believe it has moved to South Dakota for restoration. :D

Back