Glass Part Numbers

So this morning I was thinking how it would be easier to track down some glass for my hearse if I knew the part numbers. I know the windshield part number but not any of the side or rear glass. This in turn got me thinking about how pooling together all of the various glass part numbers for all years of pro-cars could be useful to everyone in the future.

So with that, if anyone knows part numbers for any glass for any coach post it and we can add it to this first post and make a "master glass list"

I will start:

65-70 Cadillac MM Windshield: DW-678

there are no new side glass being manufactured for any of the cars. flat glass can be cut from a pattern of the old one but the tempered curved will be only available used.

a interchange source on it would be helpful. but it will vary from manufactures in the same set of years.

the w788 fits the 71 -76 set of years
the w678 fits the 65-70 set of years

Yeah speaking of curved, just for the information i called a fabricator. I already knew it would be way out of my range, but I wanted to know anyway.

I was told that first they would need to reverse engineer the original part, make a CAD, then have it tooled then heat it to 1200 degrees and bend it to the correct angle. Long story short he said $15,000 for the first piece, for the passenger side.

Yikes!

If you plan on keeping your coach long term, you had better just buy the used side glass when you find it. If you wait until you need it, you won't be able to find it. If you have it on-hand, you will be assured of never needing it.

I have all the glass, doors, 3 noses, grills and head lights, 2 sets of taillights and a complete interior plus 2 rear bumpers for the 72 old's. so far I have not needed any of it. knock on wood.

I definitely plan on keeping mine long term. Been a lifelong goal for me. I still think aggregating windshield part numbers into this thread would be helpful though.

The only ones we are missing is the 59 threw 64. Then up its 77-92 square body and the 90-99 round body. 2000 up some one will have to say if they offered commercial glass.

The windshield numbers have been posted on this site, I can't count how many times.

Back