southern Hills chapter attends car show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
My buddy Doug invited me to take him to the car show in Custer today. it was a bit nicer the the all GM one the sun did peek out at least twice. I took the 73 as I hoped the water problems on it were fixed. it ran like a 73 S&S should. we thought we were late but as we pulled in we discovered that we were in the line for the show field. ended up showing the car not just going. it was well received ,I got to answer a lot of questions on a combo. now if we can only get 4 more people we can have our own chapter. the important pictures I'll show here the rest are here
http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2009-06-12/10:07:28

Attachments

• 2009 custer IMG_5937.JPG
    2009 custer IMG_5937.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 2009 custer IMG_5938.jpg
    2009 custer IMG_5938.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 2009 custer IMG_5940.jpg
    2009 custer IMG_5940.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 146
Why do your cars always bring out the Buffalo when you are taking pictures???????? :confused:

the highway runs threw Wind Cave national park, which is only 10 miles out of town. 10 miles and a thousand feet up. Custer were we did the show is right at a mile high. by the way the buffalo in wind cave are one of 3 herds in the US that have a pure DNA strain. my grand father hired into the park service in 36. his job was to turn the 6 animals they had into the herd there is today. he retired in 64. you can all ready see the changes in the heard in the last 40 years. not near the animals they were in the 50's due to poor choices in culling. some would go so far s to call it miss management. but what do you expect from city boys come out to play ranger. here is a shot of a breading bull in about 56

Attachments

• 1956 Grampa's bull.jpg
    1956 Grampa's bull.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 141
but as long as this is up here I need to thank Dan Scully for the molding for the 73 I got them today and using the same link you can see what I did to put them on. they start right after the car show or click on the 73 album and check out the last set of pictures . now I did not do more the establish were they are to go. as there is a lot of work to be redone from someones else repair. they were the ones that threw the moldings away and put on some glue on fall off ones. here is a picture of how far off I was. the other is Dan's way of marking were the moldings go. vary simple easy way to do it. so not only did I get some molding I got a little education to go with them thanks Dan.

Attachments

• 1973 IMG_5991.JPG
    1973 IMG_5991.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 1973 IMG_5992.JPG
    1973 IMG_5992.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 140
Hmm, interesting job. What, exactly, would the job title be? "Buffalo matchmaker"? :confused:

in reality it was game manager. grampa was a horse rancher and with the advent of the car and the depresion hitting you could not give a horse away in the 30s. so he had to sell the land. the park had just been stolen from the homsteaders running the cave and they needed someone that could manage the game comfined in the fence. grampa was out of work. he did not care that some man with a education was taking the credit for his work, he had a family to feed. somethings never change in the goverment. but the DNA runs true still today. we get to gather I'll tell you the story of White cow Bull and Charly Eagle louse and how Grampa got them to show him what a buffalo should look like so he could get the pattern for that bull I pictured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back