Coach keys.

Haven't seen any post about the original keys for coaches. My superiors have really cool keys, I was wondering if all coach company's have different keys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 388
Mine came with copies so I had to buy a set of GM E and H Crest keys for it from eBay. Still trying to get an M-M fob for it though

Aside from the 1 Superior key that Stephen photographed, did any other manufacturer have their own unique key blank? I am not referring to key chains/holders.

Those "designer" keys with various manyfacturers logos were sold to dealers as promo items. My 58 Olds has a set as well as my 75 Sedan de Ville.

give aways to attract repeat customers. the cars dealers were big on that kind of stuff pens, ashtrays, key fobs. each trying to out do the other

The key bank is a reproduction and blank keys. I had 2 other pics that didn't post for some reason. Here is a close up of the superior key. Found this in my 60 superior under the rubber floor.

Just regular GM keys but the tags are from Eureka

#1 looks like just a tag they used in the factory until the car was sold #2276 is the production number of my Coach and Licence # is FWD-CDN I guess that ment it was going to a Canadian customer ?

#2-3 the Eureka Key Fob

Attachments

• stuff #2 032.jpg
    stuff #2 032.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 251
  • stuff #2 033.jpg
    stuff #2 033.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 260
  • stuff #2 034.jpg
    stuff #2 034.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 252
Our 1965 Cadillac 42" ambulance came with a fancy key like you have.
The next gentleman has a leather tag from M+M. Our 1966 Combination and 1968 Cadillac 42" ambulance came with the very same leather tag. My employer gave me the tag knowing I was such an ambulance buff when I was about 15 but since misplaced it. They bring back memories thanks for the post :applause:

I think we as a Club should come up with a key fob with the PCS logo on it so we can put these vintage key fobs away ???? what do you guys think ??

Paul what about it can we do it ?

the chapters have been doing this kind of thing. it's coronate threw the store keeper. as he keeps track of what chapter is doing what for a fund raiser. that way we don't have two chapters doing the same thing. might be something you guys want to do up there.

During the Eighties, Cadillac had a dealer program called the "Gold Key Delivery System" that specified how new Cadillacs were to be delivered to the customer. There was a checklist and upon completion and endorsement of a form by the customer, Cadillac paid the dealer a specific sum of money. This was to make sure that Cadillac customers were treated in a special way. That they were presented with their new cars in top form and that they were given demonstrations of the accessories and features and super service...right down to a full tank of gas. This was an attempt to up-grade the quality of their dealer's service while impressing the Cadillac buyer and, hopefully, creating a solid body of happy Cadillac customers that could be retained over the years. An integral part of this delivery system were two sets of gold keys - exactly as illustrated in the post that started this thread. Just thought that this may interest some readers.

During the Eighties, Cadillac had a dealer program called the "Gold Key Delivery System" that specified how new Cadillacs were to be delivered to the customer. There was a checklist and upon completion and endorsement of a form by the customer, Cadillac paid the dealer a specific sum of money. This was to make sure that Cadillac customers were treated in a special way. That they were presented with their new cars in top form and that they were given demonstrations of the accessories and features and super service...right down to a full tank of gas. This was an attempt to up-grade the quality of their dealer's service while impressing the Cadillac buyer and, hopefully, creating a solid body of happy Cadillac customers that could be retained over the years. An integral part of this delivery system were two sets of gold keys - exactly as illustrated in the post that started this thread. Just thought that this may interest some readers.

I have 2 complete sets of those in the pouch along with the cassette tape and brochures that I got with my 1984 Cad Funeral Coach and Sedan Deville in 1984.

The gold wreath & crest key blanks are readily available on eBay. These wouldn't be period correct for anything pre-1980s. I do like the idea of doing a leather PCS key chain/fob!!

Back