image007.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 189
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 184
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 184
Memorial Day is a day to remember the brave men & women who have given their lives in defense of our country. On this day, I will especially remember my cousin, Navy Lt. Wallace R. Franklin 7-10-50 to 1-11-76. Many thanks to al who currently serve in our nation' militaryand I pray that you remain safe!

Monday morning we will all go over to the Ohio Veterans Home in Sandusky. They have a Rememberance Ceremony in the cemetery before the parade up to Oakland Cemetery. There is something extremely powerful yet very humbling about walking those grounds. Very hard to keep the eyes dry.

In all that you do please take more than a few moments to reflect on the true meaning of the day. A lot of our best gave all of their tomorrows for us to enjoy our todays.

To all of you who have served (or are serving) our country a heartfelt "Thank you for your service", appreciated more than you will ever realize.

In loving memory of Larry Libbee, Craig Roydes, Jack Lundell, and Rick Albright, little boys from my distant past who gave all for all of us.

remember them always,and also remember to thank a vet,Every chance you get,I especially like the editorial cartoon a real American Idol,,amen and thanks...

gratitude.jpg

For those that I served and served with; you have my undying gratitude.

A big THANK YOU to all the veterans of ALL the wars and conflicts and what they have done for us. I never knew him, as he died in 1959, but I am especailly proud of my Grandfather who was a veteran of WWII. He was a member of Eisenhower's SHAEF (Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force). Here are a few pics from the WWII Memorial in Washington, DC, and a pic of the SHAEF badge.

Attachments

• 100_0913.jpg
    100_0913.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_0923.jpg
    100_0923.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 115
  • SHAEF badge.jpg
    SHAEF badge.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 112
it was to bad they took 50 years to honer the WWII and ignored the Korean vets then spit on the Vietnam ones. but nice to see that it's good to be in the military again. comming form a military family we have seen it all. served in spite of some of it. in the words of the song all gave some, some gave all and this is the day to remember those that gave all. taps has words you know.

day is done
gone the sun
from the lakes
from the hills
from the sky
safely rest
all is well
God is nigh

day is done
gone the sun
from the lakes
from the hills
from the sky
safely rest
all is well
God is nigh

Ed, that would be the words to Taps???

Monday before sunrise we will gather to place 5400 flags in our little cemetery, and at sunrise we will raise our Flag in honor of those who chose to make us Free, at 11:00 am we will remember and reflect what it is that drives us to the Greatest Nation in the World, followed by roll call, honoring each man, each woman, and praying for our active and retired veterans followed by TAPS and a 21 gun Salute with a fly-over with our local EMS helicopter. Thank you Grandpa, Thank you Dad, Thank you Veterans for making it possible. As long as I live, your name, your sacrifices, will not be forgotten.:893USA-Smilie-thumb

got this note from my nephew this morning. he is on this 4th tour in Baghdad
his first he was a Lieutenant now he is a Major. so weather or not it gets reported we are still loosing personal in Irack.

The Dagger Brigade remembers another two soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice this week.

SFC Clifford Beattie and PFC Ramon Mora Jr.
2nd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division
KIA, Baghdad Iraq
22 May 2011

Our prayers go out to Karen, Jaydean and Dale; and Amanda--two young widows and two children for whom Memorial Day now has a special meaning.

Scott C. Nauman

The comic strip "Crankshaft" today (05/29) is a very poignant one indeed. If you don't get it in your paper go to google, enter Crankshaft Comics it should be in the first entry that pops up, Seattle Times. Poke around, you'll find it.

Thank you Tom Batiuk, you "get it".

Back