getting there

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
the sign on crazy Horse read for years "slow man at work" but we are piecing this puzzle together on part at a time. all up to pouring water in got to marry the shroud and radiator and hook up hoses. and we can fire it off a can on the floor and a jumper wire to the coil. the starter wires have been cut or I don't know were they were routed from as of yet. but everything else is hooked up with fluid in.

Attachments

• IMG_3392.jpg
    IMG_3392.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_3397.jpg
    IMG_3397.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3400.jpg
    IMG_3400.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_3401.jpg
    IMG_3401.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 213
Today was the day. Poured water in a jumped a hot wire to the coil. I would like to say it popped right off and run like a top. But not that lucky. But a little playing around with settings here and there a swapping the new points for a set of used ones we got it to keep running long enough to set the timing and the points. Finding my 6 sided wiggly waggly was the hardest thing. I haven't used it in a long time. But finally got it to idle at 600. Still a hick up or two electrical. But alligator clips battery cables lose can explain a lot of maybe stuff. Ran it enough to get the water moving and the transmission full. The PS leeks like a sieve. throws the wheels right as soon as it starts. But it now has a running engine in it first time in a vary long time. Progress one step forward one step back.

Can't help with the leak, but the valve is adjustable to center the power steering valve so the wheels remain in a neutral position. Check the manual for instructions. What is leaking, the valve or the piston??

The valve. It was unhooked with no plugs so i can only guess what its like inside. I'm pretty sure the mice didn't get in there.

Back