funeral home estate sale

I am going to a funeral home estate sale today. Does anybody have anything they would like me to keep a look out for? Everything is foe sale including the embalming table and tools. I am hoping to find an older coach or flower car for sale. I know there is a 61 in use at a funeral home in that area. Mabey i will get lucky.

estate sale

Paul,
Get pictures of the rolling stock and whatever info you can. Too bad this is so far away for some of us.
Good luck in your quest.
Mike

OK guys, i am just getting settled from the trip. Sorry i didn't give more notice , but i just found out about it and headed right out the door. I got some great old stuff. I will have my girlfriend put up some picks as soon as she is home from work. I am a computer newbie .

No 61, but they did have a cherry Superior, 89 to 91 or so. Already sold when i got there.

I did get inside info on another funeral home sale in about 2 weeks that i will be going to. I will be much better prepared.So get your requests in early.

would love any old funeral items... velvet stuff, the more decorative the better. kneelers, embalming tools, funeral flags or signs, etc.

Yup, i picked up 2 that i thought were pretty ornate. You guys will know the vintage , i have no idea. One is in it's original case. That one is purple, the other maroonish red. The red one has to funny looking lights on it???? strange.

I don't know what it is called but i also got a nice nickle plated podium with a cross on top. The kind for like a guest book or something.

Yup, i picked up 2 that i thought were pretty ornate. You guys will know the vintage , i have no idea. One is in it's original case. That one is purple, the other maroonish red. The red one has to funny looking lights on it???? strange.

I don't know what it is called but i also got a nice nickle plated podium with a cross on top. The kind for like a guest book or something.

Excellent! I cant wait to see pics. The podium is usually called a Register Stand.

What else did they have that you passed up on?

http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy183/marvin72/Funeral home finds/

Sorry for the delay in the pics. We had technical difficulties last night. I have not yet tried to assemble the purple one. The red one has these strange candle flame light bulbs that glow orange like a glow stick. They go ware the candle sticks are in the center of the kneeler. The Register stand has the same light bulb at the base of the cross.

Any help in figuring out the general time period these would have been made would be great , as i have no clue.

Back