Clips for windshield trim

What do the clips look like that hold the top piece of trim onto windshield? Had windshield replaced today, but can't find what clips look like. Also, what/where do these 2 pieces go to?

Attachments

• cadillac trim.jpg
    cadillac trim.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 177
  • cadillac windshield.jpg
    cadillac windshield.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 175
the top piece is bolted threw the roof. if someone was able to wrestle it off with out removing the t bolts when you going to have fun getting them off. the two side pieces slide under the top edge of the pillar moldings. they fill a gap between the top molding and the pillar if I remember right. there is a bump on the body that they fit over. Oh just let me run out and shot you a couple of pictures. to get at the top molding you will have to remove the sun visors take off the inside trim and pull down the leading edge of the headliner. the fillers go the long way just under the bottom edge of the glass molding to fill that gap. here are the pictures. be sure and use sealer under the nuts as they are a big leak source as are the corners on these.

Attachments

• IMG_1130.JPG
    IMG_1130.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1133.JPG
    IMG_1133.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1132.JPG
    IMG_1132.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_5325a here is one bolt for the upper glass trim.jpg
    IMG_5325a here is one bolt for the upper glass trim.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 151
Ed, thanks for photos.....but what do the nuts look like that bolt up thru the roof to hold the trim on? Can you take a picture or direct me to a supplier that I can see one? By the way, the interior is pulled back a bit to get to the roof.

the nuts are a standard self cutting stamped steel for the post. Aveco will sell them by the pound same with Curtis or any other body shop supply. but were are the one that were on the car? the T post has a rectangular stamped piece of tin that just fits the shape of the molding. they don't make this stuff anymore. if you don't have the T post for what ever reason you only resource is the junk yard and a used car. I would guess that 57 to 64 used a similar molding clip I can't say for sure on anything but the 63-64. I'm almost positive that 65 went to the welded stud on the pinch weld and did away with bolting threw the body. the good news is with all the sealer that got crammed in the gap they vary seldom have any rust on them. I don't think I took a pictures of them off this car. as the molding was Stainless I never even removed them from it. so tell me how did they get the molding off the car? are the T post still in the car?

here are the only shots I have of the molding off. you can see the studs off the T bolts sticking out but that's about all. then on of the car with out the molding in place. and you can see the holes going across the header. there are a few up in the yard in Rapid but he will want to sell the whole molding and it would run in the 50 buck range.

so now we add the pictures

Attachments

• IMG_9625a hiding in the moldings.jpg
    IMG_9625a hiding in the moldings.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_9623a thats a little better.jpg
    IMG_9623a thats a little better.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 131
windshield clips

here are 2 examples....seems like I remember the one on the right might be the correct clip for trim, only found 2 so far....the one on left I have no idea, but I have a bunch of them, like 20 of them

Attachments

• windshiel clip.jpg
    windshiel clip.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 108
the right one it is, a long stud. you need 6 if I'm remembering right. the others are for side moldings except the end on the doors. the taper on the quater and over the wheel well. some of the front fender also. one trick if you have everything dumped in one can when you get ready to put things back to gather dump the can on the floor and sort all the different clips t bolts and screws in piles of size and type. then it's count holes and look for that many.

Back