Fuel level and trim clips

I have two problems with my 93 Cadillac RWD Superior. Any help will be appreciated.
First one is,while on a trip to Fl last week the fuel pump had to be replaced and since then its a guessing game as to just how much fuel is in the tank. How do I recalibrate?
The next problem is where do I find the four replacement clips that hold the rocker molding in place? Specifically its the driverside rear quarter. The body shop here says that they cant get them from a Cad dealer or Superior because they cant find a part number on any of the four pieces.
I would like to get this repaired soon because the missing trim looks really bad. I'm using my back up hearse for services now.

The fuel sending unit is probably part of the fuel pump, and they forgot to hook up the wires properly. There is no "recalibration" on fuel sending units. They either work or they don't, and they are either accurate when the work, or they are not. I suggest writing down the mileage and figure that you get 10 mpg, and refill when you put 150 miles on the car.
If you have one of the original clips, possibly a picture might help. My bet is that if it is a Cadillac trim part, then it can be found. If it is a Superior part, then all bets are off. That is where double sided tape comes into use.:specool:

I have two problems with my 93 Cadillac RWD Superior. Any help will be appreciated.
First one is,while on a trip to Fl last week the fuel pump had to be replaced and since then its a guessing game as to just how much fuel is in the tank. How do I recalibrate?

Sounds like they replaced the fuel pump module , this is one unit an the connector on it only plugs in one way. If they replaced the module and not just the fuel pump. It might be possible to get the wrong module which is a self contained unit and fuel pump and the module has the wrong depth for the fuel sending to read correctly . Just a guess unless I know exactly what they replaced? I do not know if it has a separate ground for the tank . If it read correctly before it should read the same now.

need pictures can't help with out them. but if the car was here I could get it on. sounds like the shop is to busy to help you out.

Sorry for getting back so late, i spoke with the shop and they said that they replaced the pump and module. A shop here says that they will have to remove the tank and readjust the float, im still confused, oh and Danny we got the trim reattached, I would like to have a Superior emblem if you can send me one.

Back