Will a UHaul trailer work?

when I bought my 78 Horton Type lll Ambulance ( 5 ton) this fall I called the local wreakers who had a big rollback and he moved it when it was he slow and afterhours for $ 100 cash

check out the local wreakers first

Didn't mean to highjack the thread. But yeah, all in all she is solid. Needs new front floorboards, and the quarter panel patched. As far as I can tell thats all the heavy body work. But until I get into it..........

That would be great. I will be going there to look at it this Saturday. It looks more and more like I wont be able to come back with it if I buy it which makes me very nervous because ive never had to do that before. Let me know if you would be able to do it whenever you may know and how much you would charge. Id like to have it here at the most within a week or two from point of buying it if I do.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry bud. I recently had a car shipped from Colorado to Ma.. I was crapping my pants scared. I have never done that before either... You will feel like your a kid on Christmas mourning again when you get her . If you end up using a broker, make sure you tell the trucking co yourself what they are hauling.. I had some problems with the broker not giving the proper info to the trucking co. Leave nothing to chance. If the broker tells you they took care of it. Tell the trucking co. yourself any way. Paid off for me....

I hauled a '67 Catalina 2+2 from New Mexico to northern Michigan on a U-Haul trailer. No engine or transmission and missing some other things, so I estimate almost 800 lbs. off it's normal weight. I pulled it behind a GMC 5500 and had no problems doing it, at least in driving.

Loading it was a whole different thing. It completely used ALL the ramp area to the point that the rear bumper pretty much obliterated the trailer license plate.

The roller tires went flat on the trip, so the trailer fenders rubbed the doors.

This car had a 121" wheelbase and I know your coach's wheelbase is longer.
Weight of this car taking in consideration of -800 lbs. puts it in the range of 3200 lbs. loaded on the trailer.

My opinion concurs with the others here, have it professionally moved. Or, worse case scenario, make it driveable if possible.

Back