OLD Ferno Gurney ??

My brother was helping and elderly man clean out his storage unit and came across this old gurney. I am sure that its not period correct for my 1977 Lifeliner. Perhaps some one out there can use it and provide a home... Any info would be appreacited.

It has University of Sacramento property stickers on it. Looks like the cushion was covered.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1462a.JPG
    IMG_1462a.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1464a.JPG
    IMG_1464a.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1465a.JPG
    IMG_1465a.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 235
it's a# 24 removal gurney. the front legs should have the wheels fixed so that one person can roll it with out having it go down hill on them. then it loads very smoothly with one person. it would be correct for you car if you were doing removals with it. I used one for a long time getting my Grand mother out for rides as we did not have anyone else to help load a #30. I really like it better then the #29. but since I now have the 28 it works best. I think I have one located for the Corner's rig I'm building. but if no one else gets it I would take it.

Ed.... I have one for you from my Pinner. Only wish that you were closer, since I am short of storage space for it. Right now, it is covered up outside while I try to make room for it and a bunch of other things in the garage.

Ed.... I have one for you from my Pinner. Only wish that you were closer, since I am short of storage space for it. Right now, it is covered up outside while I try to make room for it and a bunch of other things in the garage.

thanks I was hopping for that, stuff it in the 63 when it comes out

My brother was helping and elderly man clean out his storage unit and came across this old gurney. I am sure that its not period correct for my 1977 Lifeliner. Perhaps some one out there can use it and provide a home... Any info would be appreacited.

It has University of Sacramento property stickers on it. Looks like the cushion was covered.

Mark

It's a 1965-ish #27 (second generation of this series).

Ambulance Cot

That's a beauty. I have a copy of Tom Flanagan's original 1928 patent for the first multilevel ambulance cot. Your's is newer but is based on the same design. We went away from the extra wheels that would hit the floor of the rig first eliminating he necessity of lifting all the patient's weight from the ground, but the new cots today have gone back to this type of back saving device, some are even electric. Does yours have a date or patent number?

Clark Hurlburt

electric cots are for wussies

I have talked about this before on this website!!!!!!!! if you can't lift a cot you do not belong workimg on a rig. Ferno 30 cots were the industry standard for many years,now the only place you can see one is in an antique rig.:2gunsfiring_v1:

I could not agree more! I see these kids with these big bulky cots in their big stupid U-Haul trucks and think to myself who in the hell f@#$ed this industry so bad? Things were a lot better back in my day.

Oh yeah, things were LOTS better back then. How many times did you go home from shift with a sore back? :bonk: And how many friends ended up off on permanent disability due to back injuries?

I only got to practice with a #30 we use the 29s on or service. I'm with Steve on this one. you don't have to spend a lot of money to work smarter not harder. I don't want to be laying on a gas cylinder for my ride. nor do I want to be ridding in back with one. but a auto load makes sense to me. I loved using the #24 the smoothies gurney I ever used.

Back