Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > For Sale - Professional Car and related items from other websites

For Sale - Professional Car and related items from other websites Informational posting of Professional Car and related items found on the Internet. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:36 AM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 7,662 Times in 2,069 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default 1937 Henney Olds Ambulance

On-line auction from Wisconsin:

http://robbiesoldit.hibid.com/lot/28396445/1937-henney-ambulance-on-oldsmobile-chassis/?sort=2&ref=catalog

Quote:
1937 Henney - Oldsmobile Ambulance
VIN: 8940. Odometer reads: 29,233. Manual transmission. This ambulance is owned by life long New Richmond resident, Mr. Chuck Mehls. Information from the owner: Henney was located in Freeport, Illinois. Henney-Oldsmobiles were built between 1934 and 1937 only. From 1938 through 1954 - when they went out of business - Henney built on the Packard chassis exclusively. They manufactured funeral cars & hearses & ambulances. Research shows that only five are in existence today(one is the Mayo museum, one in Trenton, NJ, two belonging to an Illinois funeral home and this one from New Richmond, WI. Very stylish, wood cabinetry, no real life support equipment but a well in the front cabinet for a bottle of oxygen if desired. Limited space for patient care as medics did not exist at that time. External enclosed spare tire fender mount is a classic. The engine is a flathead 6 cylinder. The top looks to have a leak as the interior headliner shows staining along the driver's side. The car starts, runs and drives. The title work is currently being processed through the Madison, WI DMV. The owner never had a title and the DMV is doing a history of the car in order to either get a duplicate title or issue a new one. This transaction can be retracted by the high bidder if a title is not issued. You are encouraged to attend the open house or make an appointent to inspect this vehicle. All medical equipment is included as shown in the photos. The lights and sirens work well. Please rely on the photos for color, style, damage, equipment, etc.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steve Lichtman For This Useful Post:
Andrew G. Zajkowski (11-16-2016), Bill Marcy (11-15-2016), Denny Shira (11-14-2016), Rich Koski (11-23-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 10:53 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,587 Times in 635 Posts
Groans: 5
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

The blurb that accompanies his car is hilarious. Poor Robbie, he hasn't a clue about the car or the coachbuilder. Looks to be an excellent example though. I hope that it's purchased by someone that appreciates the vehicle, its rarity and will preserve it. Despite all the errors in his write-up, it is a rare car. Thanks, Steve, for posting this one.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:27 AM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,660 Times in 5,763 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

It would look to be a good start for some interested in having one. The green mold in the headliner Suggest long time storage in a less then desirable place. But if one only had to redo the interior your way on top of the price to bring one up go this condition. The original air cleaner may take some to find. Someone with more experance then I do with them may chime in on the cabinet placment and how the gurney would be fastened in place.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:24 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 4,639 Times in 2,122 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

That interior is nothing short of gross! Needs to be completely gutted. Gotta love those dummy spot lights!! The beacon looks like it is going to roll off of the roof!

Keith,
Was this a side-servicing hearse originally?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurt Arends For This Useful Post:
Denny Shira (11-16-2016), Jamie Stautz (11-17-2016)
Old 11-14-2016, 11:22 PM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,660 Times in 5,763 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

would bet your right on that. the absents of the divider is kind of telling
Old 11-16-2016, 02:50 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,072 Times in 437 Posts

Beautiful Henney that I agree was originally a side servicing coach. That is how it should have been restored. It is not even close to original. This car could be saved and properly restored. The question is at what cost.
The cabinets, floor, gurney, 02 setup and interior are wrong, and not what belongs in that car. Some people should not restore old cars, they just make a mess.
Kurt Arends (11-22-2016)
Old 11-22-2016, 04:44 PM
PCS Member

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well it is now at 5000.00 and today it started a reserve bidding. Just some info on it if any wanted to know.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:37 PM

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am the licensed & registered auctioneer representing this servicing coach/ambulance and the description is what the owner gave me and wanted in the listing. I am not an expert on automobiles and I do 80+ auctions per year and I sometimes have to rely on the owners of items for information and history. I am selling his collection of (3) ambulances at this time as he is 80+ years young. There are very low minimums on them as he would like them to be restored & enjoyed for years to come. Sorry if the information is incorrect and I encourage you to judge for yourself but not to insult me as to my knowledge of the cars. It is up t the bidders/buyers to do their research and to rely on the many photos to determine the value of this rare car.

Robbie
www.RobbieSoldit.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robbie L Kobs For This Useful Post:
John ED Renstrom (11-23-2016), Tim Prieur (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 03:00 PM
PCS Elected Director 2014- 2018

Thanked 10,058 Times in 2,620 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie L Kobs View Post
I am the licensed & registered auctioneer representing this servicing coach/ambulance and the description is what the owner gave me and wanted in the listing. I am not an expert on automobiles and I do 80+ auctions per year and I sometimes have to rely on the owners of items for information and history. Sorry if the information is incorrect and I encourage you to judge for yourself but not to insult me as to my knowledge of the cars. It is up t the bidders/buyers to do their research and to rely on the many photos to determine the value of this rare car.
What happens when you discover that something you have up for auction has been falsely described? Do you feel no obligation to correct it?

Let's say this car sells to someone that trusts your description. What is your liability when/if a buyer finds out he has been lied to?
Old 11-23-2016, 06:21 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,587 Times in 635 Posts
Groans: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie L Kobs View Post
I am the licensed & registered auctioneer representing this servicing coach/ambulance and the description is what the owner gave me and wanted in the listing. I am not an expert on automobiles and I do 80+ auctions per year and I sometimes have to rely on the owners of items for information and history. I am selling his collection of (3) ambulances at this time as he is 80+ years young. There are very low minimums on them as he would like them to be restored & enjoyed for years to come. Sorry if the information is incorrect and I encourage you to judge for yourself but not to insult me as to my knowledge of the cars. It is up t the bidders/buyers to do their research and to rely on the many photos to determine the value of this rare car.

Robbie
www.RobbieSoldit.com
That's alright, Robbie. We here at the PCS see this type of misinformation all the time. It's one of the reasons we exist - to set the record straight and be of assistance to those interested in professional vehicles. There's a lot of improper information out there on these vehicles and...as seen...even some owners often don't really know what they've got. They can only tell you what they know. I don't believe that anyone here set out to insult you and am sorry if you took any of the comments above personally. We are available to assist you with information whenever possible and sincerely hope that someone that respects this vehicle will eventually purchase and restore it properly.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Keith Snyder For This Useful Post:
Brady D Smith (11-23-2016), Jamie Stautz (11-25-2016), Kurt Arends (11-25-2016), Paul Steinberg  (11-23-2016), Steve Lichtman (11-25-2016), Tony Karsnia (11-23-2016)