1978 Miller Meteor Combination

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
This car was originally posted here in the For Sale section by Kevin Lynch for a friend of his. The price was $8500 and nobody here bought it. I spoke with the seller a couple of months back, he told me that he thought nobody was interested, so he sold it to an auction for cheap money. Now, I think one of us should have jumped on it and I would have, but I had too few $$$$ and too many cars at the time. She sure is a beauty and I am now kicking myself.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-Cadil...348079?hash=item1ce7ff3b6f:g:0JYAAOSwutZek00V

Maybe if he offered it for what he sold it for to the flipper for, then it most likely would have found a home in the PCS. How many times have we seen this in the past?

Was that bid up to or sold. Been my observation that these car crossing that block if sold go for about twice the average.

Lesson learned (the hard way)... check in the forums & for sale section more often. Had I, this would be in my garage now. I have and would have given the $8500 without flinching, and I've been looking for a downsized ambulance or combination. :(

If I wasn't working on saving my pennies for my next acquisition I would be interested however the price is way too steep.

price is a reflection of desire. your desire and your wallet is equal it's yours no matter what anyone else thinks. 8 grand for a used car these days is cheep. I just gave 30 grand for a 6 years old one.

I saw some photos of it one time, and my memory is it was in Florida. Not long after I got my 77 M-M. Had several giving me a rough time about the interior on this one, but heck it is a favorite now, and turned out really well.
Had several fussing about the 184 powerlight on it, "It should be a beacon ray!", like there's no way in 1977 someone could have installed a 184 light on it, so if they don't like it they can go up an alley and holler fish... :D

Attachments

• 77 mm 001.jpg
    77 mm 001.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 77 M M 12-17 6.jpg
    77 M M 12-17 6.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 166
Back