1956 Eureka 3 way

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Cadil...ash=item468895850d:g:OIUAAOSwiWZb14i3&vxp=mtr

You don’t see this very often. Some incorrect info but we know that.

I'm sure I saw this coach many years ago at The Iola Car Show. I can't remember what year it was, but Ken Hamsher and Mahlom Thomson? displayed their Professional Cars as well. It seems to me I had been a PCS member just a short time and after seeing their pro cars I knew I had made the right decision by joining The PCS.

This coach was BEAUTIFUL back then and it still is today

I wish this coach would be taken back to the area of it's birth place, Rock Falls Illinois!

Information from the eBay auction, along with picture.

This is a 1956 Eurika Cadillac 3 Way Funeral Coach.was told it was 1 of only 3 made by Special order. the TOP is not Vinyl it is black Crinkle paint. some 50+ cars were made an were Combination or Ambulance. Eurika were retooling for a big change in 1957. The 56 was the last year for the Wood frame body. The 57 all metal. 1 car reg in Canada,ours,1 not known. My late wife seen the car sticking out of a barn type garage.It took her a week to talk them into selling,It was only washed once by us in 30 years, feather dusted.They wanted to make into a truck for there business. We are the 3rd owners.It sat for over 10 years on jacks covered.It was time for me to sell. Was taken to a Garage,for 3 weeks. complete tuneup, following are new, brakes shoes,4-cylinder,brake hoses,an a line,Battery,valve cover gaskets, Water flush new hoses,belts,Exhaust gaskets,Complete duel exhaust system,pinion seal,rotate tires 800x20x15,Valve cover gaskets,grease,oil, now the Master cylinder was rebuilt,power steering,power brake buster, Still has working 3 T headlights. Now the electric heater sending unit ,not working. The speedometer cable was disconnected from the trans.makes noise.lift not hooked up.selling as is used,There are No warranties ,Guarantees,non Refundable $500.00 deposit.Full payment in 7 days.Bank Transfer of funds.buyer will have Full responsibility of pickup
Sold for:
US $24,999.00

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 415
outside view.. nameplate reads "Bob & Bonnie"

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 408
Interesting owners identification tag, that was used only for commercial chassis cars.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 282
....and an original will always be worth more than a "restored" vehicle in comparable condition.

This coach was owned by PCS members in Indiana. They purchased it from a private party in Wheeler, Indiana in 1985. It was last seen at one of our Indiana chapter events about 15 years ago. This was a very nice car, I'm not surprised it sold so quickly. It was offered to several members of the PCS before being posted on ebay.

Too bad it was never made known to all of the PCS membership. It might have stayed within the PCS family. I am sure that it would have sold quickly within the PCS as well, if others had known that it was for sale.

Back