Conversion Cars based on the Station Wagon platform

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
This came to me from the past owner. I don't know who the present owner is.
attachment.php

I photographed this car buried in a garage in Washington, IA in 1989. The Superior bullet lights were likely added later in its life.
attachment.php

(SL photo)

I just realized that these two pictures are of the same car.. Now, when you wonder what happened to a particular car, sometimes the pictures here paste together the whole story....

I just realized that these two pictures are of the same car.. Now, when you wonder what happened to a particular car, sometimes the pictures here paste together the whole story....

Read my post 52 for more story of this car, and here is some pics I took of it in the garage in Riverside, and a couple off Ebay.
1961 Cotner Bevington Olds Seville 3.jpg

1961 Cotner Bevington Olds Seville 2.jpg

1961 Cotner Bevington Olds Seville 1.jpg

1961 Cotner Bevington Olds Seville 4.jpg

1961 Cotner Bevington Olds Seville 6.jpg

1961 Cotner Bevington Olds Seville 7.jpg

One more off ebay. Paul, the pic you have with it by the green wagon, that owner sold it to his buddy, which had it in the garage in Riverside (where I took the pics). His buddy pulled it out, took pics and put it on ebay. It is currently owned by a ambulance company in Iowa City, and it should be undergoing restoration right now.
1961 Cotner Bevington Olds Seville 8.jpg

1966 National Ford Ranch Wagon Ambulance

The Ford was owned initially by the Amoco Chemical Corp. and was then purchased by the Dundee Cement Company in Clarksville, Missouri in 1968. There it remained, acquiring under 9k miles in service as the cement plant's emergency vehicle until I bought it in Sept. of 2003. The plant, then owned by Holcim, was closed in 2009. The car still has under 10k miles.
I have some additional pics from 2003 in my picturetrail album:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2814984&uid=589785

I've seen pix of your Ford before, but couldn't remember who built it. Wasn't it a National? Nice shot of the late-Lloyd and Karen Rays' blue C/B Chevy ambulance next to your Ford. Where was this pic taken?
Answers to your questions:
1) National
2) It's Paul Steinberg's blue C/B Chevy now
3) Albany, at the International Meet

1962 Oldsmobile in Movie

This ambulance was used in the movie "Creature of Destruction", a made for Television movie that was produced at Lake Texoma, Texas back in 1967. I have enhanced these pictures of the ambulance, since it was a nighttime scene and it was difficult to make out the details of this ambulance. I along with the help of another PCS Member determined who the owner of the ambulance was, and I am presently working on finding additional pictures of this car.

Attachments

• 1962 oldsmobile ambulance.jpg
    1962 oldsmobile ambulance.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 1962 oldsmobile ambulance 2a.jpg
    1962 oldsmobile ambulance 2a.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 1962 oldsmobile ambulance 3.jpg
    1962 oldsmobile ambulance 3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 1962 oldsmobile ambulance 3 A.jpg
    1962 oldsmobile ambulance 3 A.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 1962 oldsmobile ambulance 4.jpg
    1962 oldsmobile ambulance 4.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 136
If you are interested in learning more about the Oldsmobile that started this thread, then click here for the last information that we had on it, in 2016. We would all like to know what the status of this car is now, two years later.

Back