checking

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we had a appointment in Rapid so we thought but it turns out everyone was at training. have they were training how to notify people if there appointment is canceled. so took the time to brush up on a few sights in Rapid some of you might be interested in. the air and space museum is just out side the main gate to Ellsworth AFB I see that have add quite a little out side since I was here last. the B29 is a large ship. I remember the story on the B1B. there is a lot of stuff inside also. here is a a few shots outside. this is about 5 miles from the host Hotel.

last two are are shot from the parking lot of Story Book Island. it was built by the Rotary club for the kids in Rapid. all the story book caricatures are there in full size play on sets. admission is a free will offering. there will be time fore anyone that wants to see this to take the Kids out there. it also has a Caracalla. a must for a PS event.

Attachments

• IMG_7768.jpg
    IMG_7768.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_7769.jpg
    IMG_7769.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_7770.jpg
    IMG_7770.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_7771.jpg
    IMG_7771.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_7766.jpg
    IMG_7766.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_7767.jpg
    IMG_7767.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 207
We will do the new contract this friday. when the committee can get togather in person. With the rally being starting on the 3rd of August in 19 the end of July will not work. But the good news is there are the rooms that you need on the ground floor right in front.

Yes, we're planning to take the kids to the Storybook Island place. Would be nice to check out the museum too.

it is the crick runs threw it and you wander from play set to play set crossing over it the last time I was there it was a buck to ride the barrel train around. the kids loved going there when they were small. at Christmas time they string all the lights and have it open in the evening it has been a fixture up there for at least 75 years.

Back