1947 Cadillac Ambulance - $2500 (Diamond, MO )

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/3538058003.html
1947 cadillac Ambulance $2500.00

Call Reidger Antique Auto 417-325-6200 or 417- 592-0490

Check out theoldcarguys.com web site for more pictures

Hess & Eisenhardt produced Sayers & Scovill coaches and ambulances from 1942 through 1974 when they were bought and split into three and sold agin in 1982. The one remaining firm still bearing the Hess & Eisenhardt name went out of business in the early 1990s.

Cadillac-based ambulances and hearses were marketed as Sayers & Scovill coaches.

In 1950 and 1951 they filled order a for twenty custom Cadillac "harem cars" built for King Ibn Saud of Saudi Arabia, that featured one-way glass that enabled the King's many wives to see out, but not be seen. Also 1950 they began building the customized armored cars for president of the USA that continued from Harry Truman through Lyndon Johnson. Four of the firms presidential limos are currently on display at the Henry Ford Museum in Greenfield Village in Detroit. Cool history