*Reposting* Oct. 22-24th Volunteer and Southestern Chapter Meet. Stone Mountain GA.

Jeremy D. Ledford

PCS Volunteer Chapter President
Adam was wondering why no one had reserved rooms, heres why. The posting for the prudent information on the meet disappeared! Went looking for it this morning to get the hotel numbers to reserve rooms and look everywhere and couldn't find it. So I'm re-posting the info again.

Oct. 22rd-24th Volunteer & Southeastern Chapters meet
'Tis the season... for meets, that is! Either that or we all just decided to post in the
same week. But I've saved the best for last!

This year we're doing some new activities we're sure you'll really love. There will be
plenty of stuff to keep you busy, and some exciting things you just won't want to miss.

Tentative schedule for the Oct. 22rd-24th Volunteer & Southeastern Chapters meet:

Friday, October 22nd
- Check in, unload, and relax at the host hotel, 2006 Glenn Club Drive
Stone Mountain, GA 30087-3407 Phone, (770) 879-0800.
- Dinner - Caravan around 7pm to Spiced Right Smokehouse. Address is 5364 Lawrenceville
Hwy., Lilburn, GA 30047.
- Reconvene in the Days Inn parking lot for 1st “business” meeting (BYOC - bring your own
cooler).

Saturday, October 23rd
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Caravan to the Cofer Collection at 9:30am. Reserved tour is from 10am to noon. Address
is 3702 Lawrenceville Hwy., Tucker, GA 30084.
- Lunch - Pizza at Shorty’s Pizza (directly across the street from the Cofer collection).
Address is 3701 Lawrenceville Highway, Tucker, GA 30084.
- Day activities - Trip to Stone Mountain Park. Bring sunscreen! In the park activities -
www.stonemountainpark.com=10/23/2010. Special events:

- 8th Annual Pumpkin Festival
- Country Living Fair

- Dinner - Miss Katie's restaurant at Stone Mountain park at 6pm.
- Stone Mountain Park laser show at 8pm.
- Reconvene in the hotel parking lot for 2nd “business” meeting.

Sunday, October 24th- Breakfast at hotel.

- Those of you headed North by way of I575 (or those who just want to go) have been
invited to stop by Danny Ryder's place for a peek at his collection. I'd post what's in
it, but I think we all know that'll change by October!

Important notes:

* At noon tomorrow, a block of five rooms will be set aside for $60 a night. There is
another car show going on that weekend (as well as a few festivals) that has a large
block set aside also, but over half have not been reserved. The property manager is going
to release any unreserved rooms on September 4th to our group and expects this will
provide another 8-10 rooms. If you know you'll be coming, I recommend getting one of
these first five rooms. For any overflow, the regional property manager is looking at
setting up a another block of hotel rooms at a sister hotel nearby (Comfort Inn &
Suites).
* If you know you will likely come, please let me know so I can give the property
manager a rough headcount.
* In town and want to see something not on the agenda? Let me know, and I'll help you
plan a side excursion.
* The final itinerary will be posted within the next few weeks.

Adam Borkat Host!

Looks like the rooms filled up quickly, and the last I've heard there are only two rooms left in our reserved block! If you want them, call soon, and tell them you are with the Professional Car Society. I've heard they will say there are no rooms unless you do (thanks LeeAnn!).

If we run out of rooms and you still plan to come, let me know. The property manager runs four hotels there, and she's going to try to keep our group together and in a similar price range for the rooms if we overflow into another one of their hotels.

For those of you trying to make it to this, but haven't gotten a place to stay yet, Stone Mountain hotels are filling up fast. The nearest hotel to our host hotel right now with any availability is Stone Mountain Inn Suites Tucker @ 877-747-8713. Two ppeople are planning to stay there, and the hotel has a few rooms left. After this place is all booked, the next closest available hotels are 10+ miles away!

I plan on being there. I will be staying at the Stone Mountain Inn Suites Tucker. I hope to get down early enough Friday to go eat with everybody.

she's 'thinking about it'..............

Josh, Lee Ann lies. She is going to Stone Mountain for sure. See you guys there, I'll be there too. That smokehouse restaurant sounds good. If Ron Devies is reading this, I'll just be having a salad though.

I wish that I could be there. Jeremy told me that he is planning on driving up Stone Mountain in is 1973. Something about a recreation of something that was done back in the early 1960's... :thumb:

in honor of Ron

Larry,
In honor of Ron maybe you should have eggs with your salad.
See you there. We will be in the 61 M-M.
Mike

:thumb:

For those of you headed to the meet, write my cell number down in case you need it: 678-520-Seven-Nine-Three-Three

Excited to see everyone!

Adam

area code?

Adam,
Will we need the area code if we are calling on an out of state (Georgia) phone? I have checked the oil, power steering fluid, air in the tires and the lights. My electrical problem seems to have been fixed with a new alternator. My next local trip will get the trans oil checked. We should be there Friday evening. We may wait for the Atlanta traffic to subside a bit before we arrive at the motel.
Mike & Shelley

Back