1959 Eureka For Sale

Hopefully someone will restore this car back to its former glory. Also note, their not touting it as a "real" Ecto like years past.

I'm not sure why they need to go and destroy a '60 M-M now. Most people can't tell the difference between an ambulance and a hearse. Think about how many times you've been told your car looks "just like the Ghostbuster's car." I was told that driving a all white '75 S&S landau hearse!

Got posted to eBay today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Other-Ecto-1-Ghostbusters-Ecto-1-Movie-car-replica-1959-Cadillac-Eureka-ambulance-hearse-/171163485702?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27da238606&item=171163485702&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Looking at the pictures, it looks like the interior was kept intact. Clear the garbage off the exterior, and you'd have a really nice combo.

870_p8_f.jpg
870_p28_f.jpg

None of the hardware [slides / rollers] are eureka parts
The carpet was added on top of what should have been laminate.
The wheel house covers and door panels the same, with incorrect pattern. But then again the list goes on. If I won this id remove all that junk like all of you would.

Interesting claims:

"There are only 8 known legit Ecto-1 replicas in America, making this a rare opportunity."

"Car comes with a Volo Auto Museum Certificate of Authenticity as an Exhibition Vehicle and for its TV use."

Not to mention the hood is signed by George Barris, so that pretty much guarantees that this car is one of the cars he thinks he had a hand in building...(<------- see what I did there?)

you guys watch this for me will you. just interested to see if someone pops for it. museum quality is not necessary road worthy.

That was Brintlinger's Car

Dan Brintlinger once owned that car and then it went to the Lohr and Barb Funeral Home in ELkins West Virginia. Sure was a nice car till Volo screwed it up. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

"There are only 8 known legit Ecto-1 replicas in America, making this a rare opportunity."

"Car comes with a Volo Auto Museum Certificate of Authenticity as an Exhibition Vehicle and for its TV use."
What the heck makes it a "legit replica"??? And you get a certificate saying it was shown at Volo??? So what??? :confused:

Not to mention the hood is signed by George Barris, so that pretty much guarantees that this car is one of the cars he thinks he had a hand in building...(<------- see what I did there?)

Yes as Todd said, George will claim to have his hands is so much stuff he never touched. Even back in the day when his shop was going strong, his brother Sam when he was still alive was the craftsman. George was always just a great promoter and photographer, not a craftsman builder. they employed a lot of great people over the years to build at the shop.

Kinda tough to say they "screwed it up" if they do, in fact, get $81,000 for it! I might do that to one too for that kind of return on my money. I am sure that it wasn't a really "well done" modification.

Back