What model Ferno?

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Can you tell me the vintage and model number of this Ferno Cot? What type of vehicle was it used in? thanks

Attachments

• ferno.jpg
    ferno.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 155
  • ferno 2.jpg
    ferno 2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 157
  • ferno 3.jpg
    ferno 3.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 155
  • ferno 4.jpg
    ferno 4.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 157
I can't tell from the way it's desplayd. the 28 is the only one I know with the cross bar to unlock the bed into the chair. if may be a older one of them.

looking again it's on the foot not the head . looks like a trendelenburg position on a older 31. once can't tell from the picture if the whole bed lifts or just hinges in the front. but I'm guessing it's a single level with trendelenburg.

It appears to be a single level cot with Trendelenburg and Contour features. As to the model number, I don't know.

It's a F-W #21 Klever (I don't know why that name was used) cot. It was also available in a low-profile (#21-L) version for station wagons and other low-headroom cars.

I thought the Kevler name was a Washington name. I have a 21 washinton Kevler . It,s stamped such on the head end. It may be they carried it over when they merged. That would make it at least a 1954.

Can you tell me the vintage and model number of this Ferno Cot? What type of vehicle was it used in? thanks

Since this was a standard height (profile) cot, it would've normally been used in something with at least combination or lowtop headroom.

These were advertised into the mid-1970s; here's a page from a 1976 Kelco catalog:

Attachments

• Kelco%20768%20769.jpg
    Kelco%20768%20769.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 84
that clears up the name confusion. looks like anything that was a single level retained the klever name. even after the merger. nice to know they used them there the 70's

Back