Took my '60 for a nice drive today

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
The sun was shining and no wind or rain today.

I took my S/S Victoria 3way for a nice drive and it floated down the highway like I was sitting on my couch in the living room ! So smooth and comfy.

The heat was on as it was only 4 Celsius or 38 F but I had a blast. Likely one of the last long drives of the fall.

Once the salt hits the roads here, my cars don't come out again until the spring after all the April showers wash the roads clean. In May the flowers bloom and the cars come out again.

I took a couple photos along the way of things that caught my attention.

The first photo shows you can buy a new house along Yonge Street in Aurora, about 40 minutes north of Toronto, as long as you have a few million dollars !

The next two photos show me driving behind a van with a 666 license plate.

Get the cars out for a last ride soon... the snow is coming !

Darren

Attachments

• New homes.jpg
    New homes.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 347
  • plate 1.jpg
    plate 1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 270
  • plate 2.jpg
    plate 2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 273
Bummer you northern guys have to put your toys away in the winter while us southern folk are spoiled to ride year round. I take all my collector cars out at least once every two weeks to keep them limbered up. Drive minimum of 10 miles if no where I have to go with them.

Bummer you northern guys have to put your toys away in the winter while us southern folk are spoiled to ride year round. I take all my collector cars out at least once every two weeks to keep them limbered up. Drive minimum of 10 miles if no where I have to go with them.

Danny, very true, but it is such a thrill when the time comes to bring them out after not being able to drive them for a few months. Its like a little kid waiting to unwrap a huge present under the tree!!

Danny, very true, but it is such a thrill when the time comes to bring them out after not being able to drive them for a few months. Its like a little kid waiting to unwrap a huge present under the tree!!

You have a valid point John. But I still enjoy when I do drive them all even if every few weeks. Less trouble too as battery is still up and usually get in and go.

You have a valid point John. But I still enjoy when I do drive them all even if every few weeks. Less trouble too as battery is still up and usually get in and go.

Dont worry, I am not hearseless (is that a word?) in the winter, I dont think I would survive that long, so I have a winter driver, my 1991 Miller-meteor Lincoln Paramount.

Back