wheels off a 67

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I'm attempting to get this 67 to stop. we have it going forward but she sure doesn't want to stop. as we took stuff off we can see that there are different wheels on the car.

so which set is right for the 67 the reversed or the normal looking wheel. I know the 66 used the reversed style and the 68 the normal wheel. but I have two of one and three of the other that came with this car. now I was just down to Kurt's place had I known the problem I could have picked up the correct wheel then. there is only 1/4 difference in the off set on them. so for now we will run one set on the front and the other on the rear. but it would be nice to know what I need to be looking for. both of these are the 3 rivet heavy duty wheel

Attachments

• IMG_3874.jpg
    IMG_3874.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3877.jpg
    IMG_3877.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 78
Ed This is from memory (not so good on some things these days) but the deep dish wheel is the true 67 I do not think the 67 wheel disk will go on the 66 shallow wheel. If you want I can check the Hollander book in the morning.

The wheel covers fit Either wheel. As I did not replace then axel bearing my self I only discovered that it had two different wheels on the rear yesterday. I'm guessing your are right as there was three of the reversed style on the car and the snow tire spare. Had the other style. My guess is the got a set of wheels to mount the snowed on. Then when one got damaged when the axel bearing went out the first time they used one on the car. But I was hoping some one that had one would know. The exchange book list 65-67. So guess that answers the question.

Pete is correct. Here is a photo that you posted some time ago of the correct rim, Ed.

Attachments

• attachment93IBQ3LQ.jpg
    attachment93IBQ3LQ.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 54
I sure that the 67 used that set. the disk wheels were not correct on drum brakes. to bad I did not know I needed one when I was down there.

If you end up going to Flint this Winter, we can hook up somewhere. Last I checked some time ago, the USPS needed $25 to ship one.

Back