thanks guys

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
will the people in Saskatchewan got tired of snow so they sent it down here to get rid of it. we have had our first rain/snow mix today. made it clear up to the 11th before we got any. no acumanation here in town but the trees on the hill show white. 35 right now but by sunday we are back up in the 70s. got to love this global warming stuff. but wait it's not, it's climate change now. but so far there is been no climate change here this is a normal weather pattern. the good news is the CO2 being pumped up in the upper atmosphere is causing the ozone layer to thicken up and close the holes in it. soon we will all be warmer and not have to worry about skin cancer. one more of those irreversible catastrophe averted was it dumb luck with the co2 or the treaty banning CHFs, we'll never know.

Attachments

• IMG_6698a.jpg
    IMG_6698a.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_6701a.jpg
    IMG_6701a.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 251
In 48 hours we received 35 cm (12 to 15 inches) of snow. When applied to 100 year old trees full of leaves the result is literally thousands of these trees being badly damaged or distroyed in the city. Older neighbourhoods look like they were hit by a hurricaine.

Richard, sent that weather north.

Calgary has got dumped on with snow,and because all trees are still full of leaves the weight of the snow is cracking branches,and down they come, its way too early for this stuff,we just got thawed out from last year.:fr2:

the boys up north got about 8 inches of the stuff. but as the ground is so warm it's not done a lot of damage. but then most everything that was of questionable nature broke off in the big one last oct. early fall and heck it's still summer and spring snows do the worse damage. they laughed at me when I said I wanted to get the 92 delivered before the snow flew. timed that one right. they are calling for a high of 78 next thursday. expecting things to clear off and we get a hard freeze tonight.

thought I would share this picture from up north. not every day you get to see this again. this snow fall beat the other one in 1970 by two days for september snow.

Attachments

• 1880 train.jpg
    1880 train.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 141
Back